[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

ws6formula350

Reaction score
awesome thanks, do you still utilize setcpu with JB? my b if this has already been answered

Also i dont see the option to turn off the 4g radio and just use 1X on the dragdown from the top, has this been relocated? that was imperative from your ICS rom to manage my battery to last for a few days.

Use the Notification Toggle app, it let's you set up which toggles you want.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

kenji91

Reaction score
awesome thanks, do you still utilize setcpu with JB? my b if this has already been answered

Also i dont see the option to turn off the 4g radio and just use 1X on the dragdown from the top, has this been relocated? that was imperative from your ICS rom to manage my battery to last for a few days.

If you go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode, you can pick which networks to use. I use an app called LTE OnOff (it's a circle with a red lightning bolt). I put that in my dock and get to switch networks with two touches.

ndd

Reaction score
If you go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode, you can pick which networks to use. I use an app called LTE OnOff (it's a circle with a red lightning bolt). I put that in my dock and get to switch networks with two touches.

the nice thing about the 'settings' method is that is survives a reboot. as far as I can tell, the LTE OnOff method doesn't.

kenji91

Reaction score
the nice thing about the 'settings' method is that is survives a reboot. as far as I can tell, the LTE OnOff method doesn't.

You're right. But I switch modes far more often than I reboot. :)

Every time I'm going to be away from a charging source for a while, I switch to CDMA only. Either way, I think it's nice to have both options!

gulci

Reaction score
How does overclocking work with this ROM? Obviously flashing the patches for ICS doesn't work. I can flash speedscript just fine, but flashing the scripts results in a boot loop.

kwood129

Reaction score
I'm curious, is there a way to change the default apps on the lockscreen? I would like to change the camera and the messaging app. The only way I've figured out so far is to freeze the current app. If I freeze messaging then mms doesn't work right. With regards to the camera app it brings up the wrong alternate. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

hellmonkey

Reaction score
So it seems that now it is asking me to format the card because it is unsupported format. I guess JB uses a new format perhaps? It is a 64 gb card that was working fine before. I guess my question now is, how the hell do I get the information off this card. Really a lot of photos I would absolutely hate to lose, hate hate hate!

Ok so far I've tried putting it in other phones, no luck. I don't have an sdhc card reader, but I know somebody that may. It is definitely corrupt or something because it gets hot when put into my device. Problem here is I have photos and videos of the homemade persuasion that I just can't give up on. Any programs or readers somebody may reccommend? What would the steps be to repair it?
The SDHC spec will only take 32 GB on a fat32 partition. I would try using a 32 GB sd card.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Have you looked at WidgetLocker? Its only $2 or $3, but worth every penny. You can make/use custom sliders, put your own widgets on the lockscreen, and customize what buttons do. Ive been using it for over 2 years and love it.

I'm curious, is there a way to change the default apps on the lockscreen? I would like to change the camera and the messaging app. The only way I've figured out so far is to freeze the current app. If I freeze messaging then mms doesn't work right. With regards to the camera app it brings up the wrong alternate. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ndd

Reaction score
How does overclocking work with this ROM? Obviously flashing the patches for ICS doesn't work. I can flash speedscript just fine, but flashing the scripts results in a boot loop.

AFAIK, there's no way to overclock yet; we don't have the extra kernel modules that we had under ICS. as far as I can tell, no one has compiled them for the Droid 4 and JB. I found some that had been compiled for JB, but they wouldn't work with eclipse 1.03 on the droid 4.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
MFB, Do you have a swipe keyboard for this ROM. You had one on ICS and the wifey misses it. I just put JB on her phone today and is pestering me about swipe.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
MFB, Do you have a swipe keyboard for this ROM. You had one on ICS and the wifey misses it. I just put JB on her phone today and is pestering me about swipe.

Swype Beta works splendidly, you just have to sign up for it.

Cstryon

Reaction score
Can this be dirty flashed? If so, how do I do a dirty flash? Just wipe cache and dalvik-cache?

Yes I dirty flashed it. Worked great. Just wipe cache and dalvik

I feel like it is much Smoother! Loving this build.