[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Question, if we do a dirty flash, from an older wont that keep the build in APKs that were removed? I just tried it, so if it does stupid things, Ill just do a fresh install.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Question, if we do a dirty flash, from an older wont that keep the build in APKs that were removed? I just tried it, so if it does stupid things, Ill just do a fresh install.
I believe the install script deletes /system which would wipe out any apks from the previous build in /system/app. Then when you flash the new build you get only the apks that are included in the new build.

kenji91

Reaction score
I believe the install script deletes /system which would wipe out any apks from the previous build in /system/app. Then when you flash the new build you get only the apks that are included in the new build.

And you would then have to freeze/uninstall the apps that you don't want again. But it's a small price to pay to have a smoother overall experience.

komani86

Reaction score
Noticed that my touch screen doesnt work anymore when I slide out my keyboard. This happened since yesterday when I still was on D4HD2.0. Was hoping it was a software issue so I re-installed stock 4.1 via droid razr utility and installed v1.06 afterwards. Didnt help.

Anyone else had this problem? When I'm in landscape touch works, but as soon as I slide out the qwerty it doesnt respond anymore. I can type though.

Added gsm patch btw to flash after installing rom, adjusted the v1.06 build.prop for it.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Noticed that my touch screen doesnt work anymore when I slide out my keyboard. This happened since yesterday when I still was on D4HD2.0. Was hoping it was a software issue so I re-installed stock 4.1 via droid razr utility and installed v1.06 afterwards. Didnt help.

Anyone else had this problem? When I'm in landscape touch works, but as soon as I slide out the qwerty it doesnt respond anymore. I can type though.

Added gsm patch btw to flash after installing rom, adjusted the v1.06 build.prop for it.
im not having that problem.... try factory resetting, wipe everything, and then reinstall the rom. it also could be a worn flex cable it happens sometimes with the slide out keyboard.

bofis

Reaction score
Is anyone else having keymap issues with this ROM. I had previously used the keymap patch to fix things under ICS, but as there wasn't a keymap patch in the JB-Patches folder I did not want to try it. Either way, I cannot seem to type : or other symbols that appear printed on our keyboard while using the keyboard. They resolve to different symbols instead. I'll try 1.0.6 tonight and hope that addresses this...

komani86

Reaction score
im not having that problem.... try factory resetting, wipe everything, and then reinstall the rom. it also could be a worn flex cable it happens sometimes with the slide out keyboard.

Think its the flex cable, tried everything (reinstall stock, factory reset, wipe, reinstall) and it doesnt seem to be software based. Really sucks, because im dutch and can't really send it to the warranty center in the USA. Any clue where I can get such a cable repaired besides motorola's headquarters?

I also have keymap issues btw, didnt look at that yet but I know it was some setting in the language&input tab.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone else having keymap issues with this ROM. I had previously used the keymap patch to fix things under ICS, but as there wasn't a keymap patch in the JB-Patches folder I did not want to try it. Either way, I cannot seem to type : or other symbols that appear printed on our keyboard while using the keyboard. They resolve to different symbols instead. I'll try 1.0.6 tonight and hope that addresses this...

I'm not able to recreate your prob. wipe data and factory reset b4 you install 1.0.6

Reaction score
My Smart Actions went away after I installed 1.0.6 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. When it's installed, I get no triggers or other options.

Can I dirty flash back to 1.0.4?

Anyone have the same issues?

DSM4rill

Reaction score
1.0.6. is thorough on my device. Better batt life and smooth.

No problems.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bofis

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm still having issues with the symbol : and " keys, which for me type < and > instead. Installing the ROM clears out the system folder, which is where I thought keymap settings were held. Any way you could make a flash that restores the default keymap since mine does not seem to want to work right? :)

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm still having issues with the symbol : and " keys, which for me type < and > instead. Installing the ROM clears out the system folder, which is where I thought keymap settings were held. Any way you could make a flash that restores the default keymap since mine does not seem to want to work right? :)
in safe strap del your romslot for eclipse. then make a new one. format it, wipe cache, davilik cache, and factory reset it. then install the rom. let it boot and don't restore any olde data using tib or nandroid.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My Smart Actions went away after I installed 1.0.6 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. When it's installed, I get no triggers or other options.

Can I dirty flash back to 1.0.4?

Anyone have the same issues?
yeah i guess. i removed smart actions framework so its gone... it uses too much cpu and power cuz its constantly monitoring all sorts of sensors.

Froyo

Reaction score
Question...I noticed that your link for the speedscript addon says to flash it after oc. So does that mean the old oc zips from the ICS versions of eclipse work with the current JB versions?