Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It actually works quite well. I used it and then played with ROMS too much and bricked my phone. After I wiped it I had to download Easy Root for the second time and it worked just as well as the first.

If someone releases a "legitimate copy" I will buy that as well.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It actually works quite well. I used it and then played with ROMS too much and bricked my phone. After I wiped it I had to download Easy Root for the second time and it worked just as well as the first.

Every Droid is different -- and there's never a strict guideline for the "user error" percentage of failures -- but I think we're all glad you got it running again.

:)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Every Droid is different -- and there's never a strict guideline for the "user error" percentage of failures -- but I think we're all glad you got it running again.

:)
"User error" wasn't in direct reference to you, SSH! I was still referring to the problems other people have had.

Don't ninja-death-grip me! :)

jaxson108

Reaction score
Just got rooted through easy root went to go use the overclock app and it keeps sating load module failed anybody else get that plus I need refrence to a good memory backup app

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just got rooted through easy root went to go use the overclock app and it keeps sating load module failed anybody else get that plus I need refrence to a good memory backup app
See the link in my sig, make sure you have busybox installed, buy titanium backup pro.

dafischman

Reaction score
easy roots site is down for me is it for anyone else

Same here, it appears they may have gone over their bandwidth usage for the month? Hopefully they notice and get it taken care of soon. I was waiting for this weekend to spend some time playing with my phone!

Josh

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked it appears to be back up again.

Yesterday when the site was down everyone's keys stopped working, which I find rather strange. At this point I think it might be "easy" but better to just do it with RSD LITE and SPRecovery. Word around the internet is that Easy Root is actually a form of dmupdater that was ripped from the devs at DM. I personally don't know if it's true but just the fact that the keys wouldn't work when the site went down makes me worry a bit.

Just something to think about.

randystarks

Reaction score
I think you are right about RSD LITE & SPRecovery. Is there an advantage to install them at this point?
I have already rooted with easy root.

I have the stock 2.1 rooted with easy root backed up, could unroot it & start from there.