DMUpdater updated to root Droid 1, Droid X, and EVO 4G within app

kelchm

Reaction score
Just wanted to post to say that indeed, this pre-release version of DMUpdater should not be used.

This was intended to only be used within the DroidMod team. It's just not ready for a real world release yet.

And no, we will not charging $20 for the the Updater when it is released. We are just trying to prevent people from bricking their phones.

triplec76

Reaction score
Downloaded this yesterday, ran it and rooted my phone before knowing all of this. Now I can not acquire the program to undo the root (I don't want root anyway). Is it possible to get the program long enough to undo the root and revert back to 2.1 OTA?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Downloaded this yesterday, ran it and rooted my phone before knowing all of this. Now I can not acquire the program to undo the root (I don't want root anyway). Is it possible to get the program long enough to undo the root and revert back to 2.1 OTA?
If you didn't want to root your phone, why did you download this program? What phone are you running so someone can help you unroot?

triplec76

Reaction score
I wanted to try it, but after rooting, I'd rather wait for the OTA 2.2. Droid 1.

Reaction score
I wanted to try it, but after rooting, I'd rather wait for the OTA 2.2. Droid 1.

If all you did was root and not apply a new recovery image, when the OTA drops you can update as normal and it will actually unroot you. However, if you applied Clockwork Recovery or SPRecovery images after you rooted then you will have to go through the rig-a-marole of unrooting via an sbf most likely.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

If all you did was root and not apply a new recovery image, when the OTA drops you can update as normal and it will actually unroot you. However, if you applied Clockwork Recovery or SPRecovery images after you rooted then you will have to go through the rig-a-marole of unrooting via an sbf most likely.
100% on the money, JDC. Here's hoping there aren't any issues with THAT update. :)

Reaction score

so how can one go about doing the unrooting of droid one

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Simple answer -- if you have an alternate recovery image you have to flash in a stock 2.1 or 2.0.1 SBF file using RSDLite and then allow the updates to come OTA or manually install them. If you have the stock recovery image allow the update to come in and unroot you.

If you're running a ROM, like you are, then you have an alternate recovery image.

havvok

Reaction score
I rooted this weekend with the updater and i had no problems... Do i have to unroot or am i ok as long as i didnt brick my phone? thanks for any replies