Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

randystarks

Reaction score
Also used the guide posted here, worked like a charm. Recommend it to anyone,easy to follow.

jamestort

Reaction score
Not getting an email from easy Root

I have downloaded the comp. test and then it said it was sending me an email and its been over a day now and no email. is anyone else having this problem and what do I do...

This is the only Easy Root app I have seen in the market..
Any help would be great..
Thank you

Booch_21

Reaction score
EasyRoot did what I asked it to do, it rooted my phone under an older version of the OS. I am still rooted because I waited, didn't do OTA updates, and made sure that updated OS's could be rooted or EasyRoot got updated BEFORE I made any OS changes AND after backups. My phone is as up to date as anyone else and I am rooted from one running of EasyRoot. It did what is was supposed to do then. The reasons that EasyRoot worked before have been secured and it won't be working now or in the future.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI. Our rescue squad is saying you should not use Easy Root.

jamestort

Reaction score
I dont understand what is going on here...

I have a Droid 1 running 2.2 and Flash... (replacement from Ausurian)

What is the best way to root my phone.. I been a fraid of bricking it and finally want to root it But Easy Root has not sent me an Email ...

So what are my next opitions? I really appreciate anyones help....

This Thread is 25 pages of back and fourth especially towards the end so i am just confused...
Thanks for any help....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As Hook stated above, Easy Root is not recomended, and doesn't even work on some builds, if you have access to a computer there is a sure fire way to Root---

I will post a link in a few

azpilot

Reaction score
Had EasyRoot, OTA ruined it. I only have a Macbook so I thought I was screwed, but I borrowed a friends, took <5minutes after I read through the directions in the Root Any OS Droid1 thread posted above me. Works better and I know this is a much stable root that will stick!dancedroid

EasyRoot = A quick root that will come back and bite you in the a$$:icon_evil:

Easy Root is not the blame for your OTA issue, you not only have to Root but have to install another ROM as well. If you only Root, then the OTA will install. I did Easy Root 2 months ago, installed another rom and never had an issue since with OTA. Easy Root works fine.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Had EasyRoot, OTA ruined it. I only have a Macbook so I thought I was screwed, but I borrowed a friends, took <5minutes after I read through the directions in the Root Any OS Droid1 thread posted above me. Works better and I know this is a much stable root that will stick!dancedroid

Easy Root is not the blame for your OTA issue, you not only have to Root but have to install another ROM as well. If you only Root, then the OTA will install. I did Easy Root 2 months ago, installed another rom and never had an issue since with OTA. Easy Root works fine.

I tend to agree; I used Easy Root and then installed JRummy's "rooted" 2.2 build (the 76MB file), and then re-applied ER. Never got an OTA until FRG22D tried to install Flash, but I already had it. Turned it down once and it never came back.

The biggest shortcoming to 1-click rooting is that you don't understand what you just did from a technical standpoint, and then you don't always know what to do next. It's understandable to do it, but do yourself a favor and educate yourself about the process no matter what you want to use. I highly recommend MotoCache1's "Root any Droid regardless of OS version". He explains everything, and will help you if you have questions.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I used easy root and it's good for me. My rom disables ota plus it's the must current firmware

zachcr250

Reaction score
Worked good for me. I have the original build on sd card and have rooted three phones and lovin it ever sense.

Droidcop

Reaction score
Easy root problems

Ok..need some help here.

I d/l easy root from it's website.

I copied it over to the SD card root directory.

I used Astro to open and install

I opened easy root and input my email and key

Then I clicked agree and root

Easy Root then tells me I'm rooted. However, when I power off the phone and power it back on as instructed by Easy Root, It just goes to the home screen.

If I open easy root manually, it goes through my info verification again along with the agreement and root action again. I wind up right back where I started.

I've uninstalled and installed Easy Root a few times..

If I try to unroot before powering off and and back on.. it says unroot failed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm on a droid 1 with the 2.2 update. NOT 2.2d.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it me or all the steps that go into rooting an android phone a lot more difficult that running a leaked update on the Blackberry platform? does this one click app bypass all the flashing and SPreco... and all this mumbo jumbo (im so lost when it comes to rooting and flashing and all this stuff, if you couldnt tell.)

Nope it's not you. You're absolutely right. Installing a leak in a blackberry is easy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Droid 2 and the Droid X are internally the same, why doesn't this work with the Droid 2?

jeffe65

Reaction score
Ok..need some help here.

I d/l easy root from it's website.

I copied it over to the SD card root directory.

I used Astro to open and install

I opened easy root and input my email and key

Then I clicked agree and root

Easy Root then tells me I'm rooted. However, when I power off the phone and power it back on as instructed by Easy Root, It just goes to the home screen.

If I open easy root manually, it goes through my info verification again along with the agreement and root action again. I wind up right back where I started.

I've uninstalled and installed Easy Root a few times..

If I try to unroot before powering off and and back on.. it says unroot failed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm on a droid 1 with the 2.2 update. NOT 2.2d.

After rebooting, let it go through its usual process and then open your apps drawer and scroll down. If you find "Superuser" with a symbol that looks like a driod with an eyepatch (old version was a ninja dude), then you're rooted. If you don't find it, then you're not rooted.

If Easy Root isn't rooting your phone after this many tries, you'll need to do it the long way, referenced earlier on Root Droid1 - Regardless of OS. I'd add a link, but I don't know how on here yet; sorry.