Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

Droidcop

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of! No Superuser icons after the process! I'm going to give it another shot in a few minutes.

After that, I'll try the long way.. yikes!

Thanks for the reply!

jeffe65

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of! No Superuser icons after the process! I'm going to give it another shot in a few minutes.

After that, I'll try the long way.. yikes!

Thanks for the reply!

Don't be afraid of the "long" way; it's really not that difficult once you've re-read it a couple of times. Anything you don't understand, ask on the forum, search, or Google it. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll figure it out.

deadernie

Reaction score
If you have a Droid 1 and it got the FRG22D update EasyRoot will not work. It's posted on the dev's webpage. Lost my root when the update got pushed to my phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you have a Droid 1 and it got the FRG22D update EasyRoot will not work. It's posted on the dev's webpage. Lost my root when the update got pushed to my phone.
This has been known for weeks. In order to fix it you need to use the link I just posted above.

Myth

Reaction score
For anyone running a Droid 1 and having issues with Easy Root, your best bet is to bite the bullet and do this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Yes, do that. It's not such a bad bullet to bite either....I had two issues, both were addressed in the "troubleshooting" tips at the bottom of the post, and I had my root back in a few minutes.

in case you want to know, my two issues were:
1. didn't have the 32 bit drivers on my PC
2. accidentally skipped the step to allow upgrade.zip install

Anyway, don't panic if it doesn't work the first time. Just read the whole post and most likely any problem you may have will be identified there with the fix.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I think the title of this thread should be edited since Easy Root no longer works with the latest Froyo build, and according to the developer, it never will.

rlittle66

Reaction score
Tried using the QR code not available, also did search on market not found. So what's the deal? Is this app dead already?

DroidXer

Reaction score
I'm super lost here. I was completely rooted, using wifi tether etc. Friend of mine asked me how to install 2.2 without using adb. Not really knowing how to do that, I asked and was told to download bootstrap and CW rom manager. Installed BS and CW recovery. No issues. Obviously rooted. I download 2.2 from the stock section and it tells me I'm not rooted. What the ****? Does one of those items make you lose root for some ****ing reason?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm super lost here. I was completely rooted, using wifi tether etc. Friend of mine asked me how to install 2.2 without using adb. Not really knowing how to do that, I asked and was told to download bootstrap and CW rom manager. Installed BS and CW recovery. No issues. Obviously rooted. I download 2.2 from the stock section and it tells me I'm not rooted. What the ****? Does one of those items make you lose root for some ****ing reason?
Might we assume you have a Droid X? Your name says so but your phone model is empty. Since that's the first place people look if you don't list your phone in your post, it's important that you fill it out.

I'm not current on how to root the Droid X, but I do know that you should be careful cursing as even though this site has a filter you can still offend someone.

Do you have busybox installed? If not, get busybox installer from the market and check to make sure it's installed and current, then try again. To verify you have superuser access, download a terminal emulator and run it, type in "su" without the quotes and see if the prompt changes to a #. If so, you have root. If not, you don't.

DroidXer

Reaction score
Yes, I have SU access. I'm able to WiFi tether, run SU, and read/write in Root Explorer.

Yet CW recovery says I am not rooted, even though I had to be rooted to get into the clockwork recovery flash for the DX.