DMUpdater to be able to root 2.1 will never happen?

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Ya, that's true. Guess I should shut up and root :)

But from a noob's point of view it's more dangerous to flash the .sbf as opposed to if there was a way to root 2.1 right?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I kind of gambled that Droidmod would root 2.1. Looks like I was wrong. Oh well, life goes on with 2.1, It's still an awesome phone.

come on hook; join the dark side again.
I will admit that a rooted 2.1 IMO is smmother and better then any rom that I have ran so far. Its clean, quick, runs cooler, no lags.

Come on Hook.......doooooooooo ittttttttttt. Follow Nike's advice.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my opinion this was a silly announcement for the DroidMod team, it is only going to turn people away. To their defense though, this doesn't change anything.
It's a double edge sword. If they don't make the announcement, they'll get the question OVER AND OVER.
If they do make the announcement, it turns some people away.

Either way, there's always a way to root :)

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Thank for the link Martin... but it looks way to complicated for me...lol.. I guess im just gonna role with Stock 2.1... now Im sad

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
we have a good rescue squad that will help you get rooted. the only thing to fear is...........

just read up and be ready.

dave4100

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere in this site that root for 2.1 was right around the corner. I believe that was the quote. I think it was somebody on the beta team discussing rooting with a user. It appears that some people supposedly in the know, seem to think its pretty close to getting done.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
we have a good rescue squad that will help you get rooted. the only thing to fear is...........

just read up and be ready.

Ur like the bad kid in school with peer presure to ROOT

lol....I just feel that no one should base their decision on fear. If you did the research and it is not you cool. But base your decision on confidence not fear.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hey hookbill, if you want to ban Pilotcharles for a day for trying to overtly push you into rooting I won't protest :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thought I read somewhere in this site that root for 2.1 was right around the corner. I believe that was the quote. I think it was somebody on the beta team discussing rooting with a user. It appears that some people supposedly in the know, seem to think its pretty close to getting done.

The statement Droidmod made was their opinion. They feel expending effort to root 2.1 isn't worth it is all. This isn't the end all be all for the Android community. There very well could be a team out there working on this.

billyidle

Reaction score
I can guarentee there's not another team working to get DMUpdater to get 2.1 root. No point, either use 2.01 with DMUpdater, or go from 2.1 to 2.01. This announcement changes nothing, it does not mean there won't be a 2.1 rom from them.

Jer

Reaction score
So, I already paid for the SholesMod (now DroidMod) and used it to root and get 2.0.1 but rooted. I want to try Bugless Beast as I've heard nothing but good things about it and my reading leads me to believe it's the best. I told myself I wouldn't mess with any of this until I could get an actual real deal full fledged ROM that was based on 2.1 so I wouldn't have to do it again in a month when someone did. I want the apps I have now plus the new things that came with 2.1 but I want to be rooted and am not overly savvy on this topic and don't want to invest weeks educating myself on every aspect of it which is why I paid for the SholesMod to begin with and I had hoped I would get updates from them w/o any further reading or messing with things. Guess I was wrong.

So, where are we on true 2.1 ROMs? Is the BB 0.9 based on the 2.1 update or does it just have the 2.1 apps like the others? If so, how do I update? I already have a Nandroid backup (I'm pretty sure that was part of the SM update process) so is it as simple as getting the ROM onto my Droid in a specific folder and then booting in recovery mode to select it? I keep asking the same questions here and there and don't seem to get solid answers to all of my questions and I'm not proceeding with anything until I know for sure because my Droid works flawlessly now.

Thanks for the help.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All the new roms are 2.1 based roms so you can go through rom manager, install it manually, or install the rooted version of 2,1. Because the rooted version still have the sprecovery image you can always add roms later.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
because pete and a bunch of sources release the rooted 2.1 version. I would not be surprised to see the DM crew release a rom that was for those that already have the 2.1 based phone.

billyidle

Reaction score
2.1 has not been rooted. Pete's is a modified 2.1 with superuser permissions. Meaning if you have ota 2.1, you cannot just root it like you did 2.01.