DMUpdater updated to root Droid 1, Droid X, and EVO 4G within app

GrmReaper

Reaction score
we are way off topic, but i bought my brothers ipod touch cuz i was tired of my pandora issues on droid. I had an iphone 3gs in october before i switched. As I loaded uo through all that itunes nd stff and saw how slow it loaded up. I becgan to realize android is so much better. I had wanted an itunes set up when i first bought the droid. Now after 9 mnths, i began to realize that the itunes just slow me down, im able to load it up the droid faster by moving and dropping files.
I give apple this, they make good ipods/music players. The ipod plays music better, but thats all it does. If you want the pefect world get a droid, root and use wifi tethering for you ipad/ipod touch.

okay...I'll get back on the path here. You mention tethering the iTouch. The whole reason for me even posting to this thread was because I rooted my Droid to get tethering...I tried several apps in the market, but nothing worked. If you know how, I'll gladly root my phone again. Also, to mention it again, the big/main problem I had was that I could not receive phone calls...but I could make them. I don't know if I needed to install a different ROM or what...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
we are way off topic, but i bought my brothers ipod touch cuz i was tired of my pandora issues on droid. I had an iphone 3gs in october before i switched. As I loaded uo through all that itunes nd stff and saw how slow it loaded up. I becgan to realize android is so much better. I had wanted an itunes set up when i first bought the droid. Now after 9 mnths, i began to realize that the itunes just slow me down, im able to load it up the droid faster by moving and dropping files.
I give apple this, they make good ipods/music players. The ipod plays music better, but thats all it does. If you want the pefect world get a droid, root and use wifi tethering for you ipad/ipod touch.

okay...I'll get back on the path here. You mention tethering the iTouch. The whole reason for me even posting to this thread was because I rooted my Droid to get tethering...I tried several apps in the market, but nothing worked. If you know how, I'll gladly root my phone again. Also, to mention it again, the big/main problem I had was that I could not receive phone calls...but I could make them. I don't know if I needed to install a different ROM or what...
android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
If you have problems with these it's either a problem with ad-hoc WiFi networking (aka your device doesn't support it) or a missing driver on the computer you're trying to USB tether.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Reaper, one last note here to help out with your issues -- try CyanogenMod 6.0 RC-2. It's available through ROMManager or you can get the update.zips (there's a second one for all the Google apps that aren't included for legal reasons) to install via SPRecovery if you prefer from Koush's dev section. It's not 100% finished (hence the Release Candidate status), but there are no major bugs and a LOT of extra options, like a built-in way to change the clock color in the taskbar, or to put your signal strength right next to the 3G icon. Small additions, but nice -- especially if you get bored and want to try out a theme like 928Droid's Black Glass.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Just gotback from vacation. I dl this when this thread first day it came out. Should I un install it now?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just gotback from vacation. I dl this when this thread first day it came out. Should I un install it now?
If you've already rooted with the program the only reason to uninstall it would be to save space on your phone. If you haven't used it already, you do so at your own risk as it could brick your phone.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I uninstalled because I used the phone while I was gone. Still says I have Superuser permission though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I uninstalled because I used the phone while I was gone. Still says I have Superuser permission though.
Having the ninja is not the same thing as actually having superuser.

If you want to root again either run the app if you still have it (since it worked the first time, but do so at your own risk), download easy root (99 cents but fully supported), or do it the old-fashioned way. :)