Unrevoked 3.2 is out: brings 1-Click root to Froyo, NAND unlock/S-OFF to some devices

androidpolice

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androidpolice.com
image_thumb29.png

The team behind unrevoked just pushed out another release that brings 1-click Froyo root as well as custom recovery flashing, nandroid backups and restores to all supported phones (EVO, Incredible, Desire, Aria, Eris, Wildfire) and NAND unlock/S-OFF to these 3: EVO, Incredible, Desire.

The tool runs on your choice of Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, and is now definitely the easiest method of getting root and unlocking your phone without losing any data.

Read more about the release here, flash away, and report your luck below.

ffej89

Reaction score
Are you serious? This will unlock the Evo with froyo?

shadykid81

Reaction score
No droid 1 support? My phone has went to hell since I updated to frg22d. I am having a really hard time even using it anymore. I tried to go back to the previous froyo update but with no luck.

detacht69

Reaction score
Is Froyo the same as 2.2? I rooted yesterday and am on 2.1 Update-1.. Can I use this unrevoked 3.2?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No droid 1 support? My phone has went to hell since I updated to frg22d. I am having a really hard time even using it anymore. I tried to go back to the previous froyo update but with no luck.

will this work for DROID2?

Pity this can't work for the Droid X or D2.

Guys, this is for HTC phones. They are a totally different ball game. Look for ways to root your specific phone.

Though looks like 3.2 was pulled. Was going to use this to root my brothers Incredible, but I might just wait now :p

iamlost87

Reaction score
I'm a little bummed to see that this is for all htc phones. Although, I'm usually a fan of doing everything like this yourself, (I feel you learn more in doing so) I've been waiting for a 1-click root for the droid2. I bought my girlfriend the droid2 for her birthday the day it came out, but she won't let me root it unless its a 1-click. She is worried I might brick it even though I've never even came close on my droid. Oh well, back to the waiting game. Good work on this for all htc users though.

emceeperiod

Reaction score
Universal Androot

For my Droid, I just downloaded the app "Universal Androot" and it was super simple rooting my phone. Make sure you get ROM manager too though.