One-click Root for your Droid X

Flipp

Reaction score
will this get effected with the 2.2 OTA update?

sumo813

Reaction score
New To Droid

I would like some assistance with attempting to root my DroidX. I have downloaded the droidxroot.zip and extracted it to my C: directory.

The files that I have extracted are all of the files and only the 32bit files and the 386 files when given the options between files (see attached). I have .net 3.5 on Windows XP.

I ran the moto_32bit.msi first.

I connect the DX to the USB and place it in PC Mode, then I turn on the USB Debugging.

When I click on DroidXRoot the GUI pops up. I click 'root me' and nothing happens.

The buttons disappear from the gui and the status bar does not change. There is no action on the phone that signals that there is something going on.

Can someone give me steps (like when you had to write out how to make a PB&J sandwich in elementary school) on what it is exactly that needs to be done? Also include how I can confirm that my DX is actually rooted, please.

In all of the forums I have found with the one-click method, I have not found actual steps. The assumption seems to be that everyone knows what to do. I would assume that I do not click the adb.exe, but then, I do not know for certain.

Thanks in advance for the help, and if I can get my phone rooted, thanks for the one-click method.

PCRoger

Reaction score
I take it this does not work for 2.2?

It says successful, but I don't have root access.

It worked on 2.1

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I take it this does not work for 2.2?

It says successful, but I don't have root access.

It worked on 2.1

i dont think for 2.2

check out "ROOTED" in my sig on how to do DX 2.2