Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think you are right about RSD LITE & SPRecovery. Is there an advantage to install them at this point?
I have already rooted with easy root.

I have the stock 2.1 rooted with easy root backed up, could unroot it & start from there.

Yes, major advantages. Nandroids and custom kernels, ROMs, themes come to mind. You don't need to unroot or go back if you're on 2.1. Just follow the standard SBF flashing procedure from here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

I also have a video tutorial if you're interested. PM for the link if you're interested.

how do I get easy root it not on market any more.

Go to Unstable Apps - Mobile apps for a mobile world if you still want it. The DroidMod team Index of / might have a version of DMUpdater that would help you out too, and that's free.

randystarks

Reaction score
I have Rom Manager installed with Clockwork recovery. Would I need to uninstall it?

Reaction score
I just bought easy root and when i went on it it said i was already rooted i rooted it back when i had 2.01 and the superuser permissions is still there but it does nothing so i hit unroot but that did nothing ive tried it a few times and i cant seem to get anything to work am i missing something?

randystarks

Reaction score
I am new to this myself, hopefully someone can answer this question.
I would like to know this myself as well.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I just bought easy root and when i went on it it said i was already rooted i rooted it back when i had 2.01 and the superuser permissions is still there but it does nothing so i hit unroot but that did nothing ive tried it a few times and i cant seem to get anything to work am i missing something?

Use ADB or a terminal emulator to manually uninstall SU permissions and see if it'll root/unroot you. If it won't, you'll be stuck using the new SPRecovery flash method as soon as MotoCache1 has it perfected.

I have Rom Manager installed with Clockwork recovery. Would I need to uninstall it?

I'd suggest it if you're having problems (and even if you're not, but I'm picky ;)) or to head possible problems off in the first place, but if you're NOT having problems you should keep it.

randystarks

Reaction score
I sent you a message by way of the forums messaging system furbearingmammal, did you get it?

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
After endless hours of pondering whether or not to not only use easy root but root period....strike that weeks of pondering.....I....Took...The...Leap....Mission accomplished, we're goin home...worked great, no complaints here :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

JimmyD

Reaction score
After endless hours of pondering whether or not to not only use easy root but root period....strike that weeks of pondering.....I....Took...The...Leap....Mission accomplished, we're goin home...worked great, no complaints here :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Just to clarify, did you use the Easy Root method to accomplish root on your Droid?

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Yea. You download the app from the site and buy using pay pal, you get a code then plug in the code. hit the root me button then your done

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yea. You download the app from the site and buy using pay pal, you get a code then plug in the code. hit the root me button then your done
No, you hit the root me button and then you install busybox and you're done -- unless you're running 2.2 and your bootloader got updates to 2C. 7C., in which case you may have to go through the whole route of flashing SPRecovery anyway. Motorola/Verizon updated the bootloader on some phones during the FRG01B update, and this bootloader discards any attempts at changing it (ROM Manager/ClockworkMOD Recovery) unless it's done in a very specific way.

Reaction score
No, you hit the root me button and then you install busybox and you're done -- unless you're running 2.2 and your bootloader got updates to 2C. 7C., in which case you may have to go through the whole route of flashing SPRecovery anyway. Motorola/Verizon updated the bootloader on some phones during the FRG01B update, and this bootloader discards any attempts at changing it (ROM Manager/ClockworkMOD Recovery) unless it's done in a very specific way.

How do you figure out which bootloader you have?