CM 6.1 RC3 Kernel question

captdroid

Reaction score
no doubt... lol :)

Oh.. frankly I'm not all that impressed with compcache turned on the performance increase (at least short term :) So you see for me I could live without compcache and be quite happy but I can't live with having to reboot my phone constantly after I am finished tinkering for a bit :)

Yes I have checked and compcache is working :)

I will report back and let you know if it's compcrap or compcache for me... lol

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
One other thing :) And this is not meant to be a slight towards CM. But I did not have to reboot my phone when I was running CM 6.1 RC3. It rebooted on it's own after several hours (stock kernel)! That was not happening when I was running Sapphire 1.1.1.

As I said previous post I may return to CM but this issue and other annoying bugs with CM release candidate (RC) has me running another ROM for now which actually seems to run extremely well but not nearly as many features as CM. I would like my cake and eat it to... lol and who knows if CM gets it together I just may :)

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, I hear that. I had mine reboot a couple of times while running RC2... While in phone calls!

I never had problems like that with the nightlies, both before and after RC2. Probably not a kernel issue, though. ;)

/hijack with apologies to the OP. :D

captdroid

Reaction score
Oh, I hear that. I had mine reboot a couple of times while running RC2... While in phone calls!

I never had problems like that with the nightlies, both before and after RC2. Probably not a kernel issue, though. ;)

/hijack with apologies to the OP. :D

I agree not a kernel issue had the same problem running non stock kernel. Carry on... kernels and comp... :)

Hold on I need to call you back my compcache is making your voice all slow and garbled... 3... 2... 1... reboot j/k

Last edited: