CM 6.1 RC3 Kernel question

Hiroshika

Reaction score
Sooooo, any plans to support other kernels, like Chevys perhaps? I miss my ulv.
Every time i flash anything pretty much other than Slayhers kernels i get a bootloop. Any fixes, workarounds, or suggestions for another ulv kernel that WILL work with this rom?

I love the rom, but im using Slayhers 1ghz 1.6 kernel (which appears to be the only one that doesnt cause a bootloop) and my phone was dead by lunch. With pretty much no use either. (thats 4ish hours of sitting idle in my pocket with wifi off and 3g on) Normally i have around 80-90% by the time schools over. It was completely dead by then. And i even had setCPU set up to under-clock to 250mhz on sleep! Whats the deal?

SurraTT

Reaction score
+1 i tried to flash a diff kernal and bootlooped every time.

Waiting to do 6.1 after support of Chevy kernals

Kanibull

Reaction score
Chevy's 1.2ulv works for me on rc3. So does sapphires and jdlfg.slayhers work for me with the wifi fix. I haven't tried p3's

captdroid

Reaction score
Just flashed a Sapphire kernel to CM 6.1 RC3 and seems to be working fine so far. Cleared just cache in clockworkmod before flashing it. No bootloop.

Sapphire kernels:

http://files.ccroms.net/sapphire/froyo/kernels/

Update: well maybe not. when I turned on wifi via the power control it rebooted and now may be stuck in a boot loop. lol

Last edited:

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Chevy's 1.2ulv works for me on rc3. So does sapphires and jdlfg.slayhers work for me with the wifi fix. I haven't tried p3's

The only kernal that i have been able to get to work for me are slayhers, which is an issue most people seem to be having. I tried 1.2lv chevy kernal on rc2 and rc3 and it didnt work for me :(. maybe ill try the ulv to see if that works

would be nice to use other kernals for my phone though, im a fans of chevys as well.

OP
H

Hiroshika

Reaction score
I have a hunch that they arent working properly because the android version is 2.2.1. I could be wrong but kernels seem to be version specific, as there are eclair kernels and froyo ones.

captdroid

Reaction score
I have a hunch that they arent working properly because the android version is 2.2.1. I could be wrong but kernels seem to be version specific, as there are eclair kernels and froyo ones.

Sapphire v1.1.4 which is android 2.2.1 works with the latest Sapphire kernels.

captdroid

Reaction score

Sapphire v1.1.4 which is android 2.2.1 works with the latest Sapphire kernels.

Does it work with chevy's?

I tried flashing one of chevy's to Sapphire 1.1.1 and it bootlooped.

Restoring CM 6.1 RC3 w/stock kernel clockworkmod backup now. Might try one of P3Droid's next flashed to CM 6.1 RC3:

P3Droid Kernels

Update: installed P3Droid 900lv kernel from link above for Android 2.2 and works so far. WIFI turned on from Power Control in CM no problem. I don't use comcache so I don't care if it works. Just looking to see how battery life is using another kernel and overclock a bit more.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I ran the 8-1 ULV 1.1 kernel with every CM build I've flashed up till I tried the RC-2. It's not 2.2.1, it's all the added stuff or possibly an even lower voltage in the LV/ULV.

SlayHer 1.6 LV1.1GHz kernel runs on mine, but it heats up faster and the battery discharges slightly faster.

However, compcache is the tradeoff. For the moment I can live with it.

OP
H

Hiroshika

Reaction score
I ran the 8-1 ULV 1.1 kernel with every CM build I've flashed up till I tried the RC-2. It's not 2.2.1, it's all the added stuff or possibly an even lower voltage in the LV/ULV.

SlayHer 1.6 LV1.1GHz kernel runs on mine, but it heats up faster and the battery discharges slightly faster.

Whats the big deal about compcache?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
well chevy 1.2ulv didnt work for me, but sapphire's 1.2lv kernal did

captdroid

Reaction score

Whats the big deal about compcache?

furbearingmammal seems to like it :) comcache slowed my phone down after a few days when I used it on Sapphire which required a reboot to get things running ok again.

captdroid

Reaction score

Sapphire 900lv kernel started bootlooping after turning on WIFI for me. Same exact kernel I ran with my phone and Sapphire 1.x.x for months.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Sapphire 900lv kernel started bootlooping after turning on WIFI for me. Same exact kernel I ran with my phone and Sapphire 1.x.x for months.

spoke to soon, sapphires kernal is now causing random reboots for me (after turning on wifi), but i didnt get a bootloop

In the past ive used chevys kernals and sapphires kernals with no issue