1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need a Interactive Governor Kernel for CM6

Discussion in 'Koush' started by daveywave, Aug 31, 2010.

1. daveywave

daveywave New Member

I was rocking sapphire's interactive governor LV 1Ghz kernel with CM6 RC3. But the final version will boot loop using it, likewise slayher's interactive kernels.

currently I am using p3droid's LV 125-1000ghz and it works well but I really enjoy the interactive kernels for extra powersaving... (they don't save much if any power while ramped up in 'interactive' mode, but they allow me to use conservative modes while the screen is off/low battery, without touching the sampling rates for ondemand)

So there, anyone, with any suggestions? I've been looking for a few days and Slayher updated his kernel with a 'wifi' patch that should be applied to CM6 and supposedly it will work fine. I rather NOT apply a patch in case i revert to another kernel.

EDIT: Thanks Se7enLC for pointing out p3droid's updated kernels

Although they are still "v32" of the kernel, they have indeed been UPDATED to support the interactive governor! Perhaps p3droid could have reflected a newer "v33"? But I'm sure he has his own reason why he did not.

As for slayher's kernel on CM6 final... I'm still getting a boot loop and as I said earlier, I do NOT want to install the wifi patch for his kernel...
  2. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

Slayher's kernels are the only ones I know of so far - Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

I've been using the 1Ghz, runs pretty smooth. I haven't tried wifi yet other then start it, I didn't need to apply the patch to do so.
  3. racketier

racketier New Member

I grabbed the 1ghz version as well, but I don't like how the min mhz is 300 and not 125mhz or at least 250mhz

Also, it appears the server is down.

Edit: and it's back up already
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Huh, I installed the P3droid LV 250/900 kernel, and I have the interactive governor. I did previously install the slayher kernel, but I am definitely running P3droid now:

Linux localhost 2.6.32.0-P3Droid #157 PREEMPT, compiled Sat Aug 28 07:19:36 MST 2010 armv71 GNU/Linux
  5. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

Where did you link it from? I see no mention of him adding it on his main kernel page but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.
  6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I just googled "p3droid" and downloaded it from here:

P3Droid Kernels
  7. jville95

jville95 New Member

I tried to use one of slayher's kernels on CM6 bc of the Interactive governor and it gave me boot loops. So I was back and forth between Chevy's and P3Droid's. Although P3Droid's have an interactive governor now. I was running their LV 125-1200 and it was incredibly awesome. Now im running the stock kernel that came with CM6 and it seems even better but I know I'll be switching up in the mean time.

*current speed using setCPU on stock, 600max/125min
  8. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Slayhers kernel with the interactive governor is blazing fast, I'll have to test out the battery life but the preformance is great. :)
  9. FcoT

FcoT New Member

I am using slayher's but CM6 is not tuning compcache on at boot, so I am having to script it on, on every boot. CM6 was not supposed to have this feature?
  10. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Well compcache is in the CyanogenMod settings but it's not working with this kernel you said? Is it THAT much of a differnce in preformance anyways? I've never used it personally.
  11. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

What does the interactive setting do for you? I've been using conservative.
  12. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Commit 255f13bf41f368aa51638a854ed69cfc60f39120 to CyanogenMod's cm-kernel - GitHub

Summary: Instead of sampling system load at intervals, it specifically samples when coming out of idle (when phone rings, screen turns on, etc). The end-result is hypothetically a much more responsive ramp-up to speed from sleep. Hard to quantify, but I've been happy with it so far.
  13. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

Thanks for the rundown. I was already using a current p3droid that includes that mode, so I enabled it, we'll see how it goes.
  14. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I hope they've improved it -- last test I saw of an interactive kernel ramped it up to max speed the instant demand was placed on the CPU (as expected), but then it took forever to ramp down, even without any demand on the CPU. That meant a LOT more heat and massively reduced battery life.

It's been a while, so hopefully it's gotten better.
  15. Wake N Bake

Wake N Bake New Member

Is this ^^^^ still the case with these newer kernels anyone?
  16. furbearingmammal

17. FcoT

FcoT New Member

Weird man, the reason that I like these new kernels is becasue they run so much cooler, and the battery is lasting me sooo much longer. Plus the fact the phone feels so much more snapy. weird indeed. but CM6 is not loading it correctcly when using the option under menu, so I have to toggle it on with a script when I boot. no wifi error either
  18. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Wait are you talking about using the interactive setting or getting compcache to work?

Sent from my Droid
  19. furbearingmammal

Yeah, sorry for the hijack and my contributing to it. Back to compcache...

I asked Chevy if it was possible for him to put it in a kernel. Let's see if he gets back to me... :)
  20. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

All of cvpcs's kernels have compcache support. Have you tried them? Great kernels with many options and modules.

Sent from my Droid
Search tags for this page

cm6

www.google.com i am looking foran cm6 upto 1000used