[KERNEL] [Kernels] rMoD & Juiced (D1)

SaxaDroid

Reaction score
hey CorCor...have you looked at Prime's kernel with the governor bumblebee? its interactive and smartass just like your smartmod.I'm curious about the differences...he says he has a lot of Droid specific stuff that I know nothing about...anyways...I'm loving your kernels but the low volt were tooooo low...I'm currently running primes to see how low I can go.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
hey CorCor...have you looked at Prime's kernel with the governor bumblebee? its interactive and smartass just like your smartmod.I'm curious about the differences...he says he has a lot of Droid specific stuff that I know nothing about...anyways...I'm loving your kernels but the low volt were tooooo low...I'm currently running primes to see how low I can go.

I didn't know he had added it to his kernel yet, but a quick look at his thread tells me his bumblebee governor is the same as SmartMoD but probably with his own tweaks. I see his source code isn't available so I couldn't tell you the differences. If you are curious about my settings you can find them here https://github.com/corcor67/rMoD-sholes-omap/blob/master/drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_smartass.c

Yes the juiced kernels took lots of work, they are quite a bit lower than other low volt kernels on many of the slots...each slot was tweaked one at a time for all the different clock speeds to find the lowest I could take them on my phone...some peoples phones would be able to handle lower and others won't be able to handle that low

Hope this helps with some of your questions

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
ya i went back to the first 1250 juiced kernel u made my random reboots where becoming less random. so far the other one is solid, i can send it to you if you need it.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sure send it my way ill add to the op

jayman350

Reaction score
WOW! Amazing battery life, probably the best I've ever gotten. I use my phone a LOT throughout a normal day. I'm using the 250-1100 SV, throttled down to 900.

I'm usually swapping out my battery for my backup around lunch time, I just now hit the 15% warning. So an additional 3-4 hours added to my normal routine is very much appreciated.

Haven't really noticed a difference in performance, maybe a little slower than the P3 kernels I was using before, but the battery life more than makes up for anything else.

zoomy942

Reaction score
I installed the 800 and man is it smooth. I'm am very much impressed with the speed.

Love the low volts too

So, this is interactive gov right now? Or are these updated to the smartmod? If not, how can i set it to smartmod on my own?

Exciting! Thanks for the work!

PZ

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
He hasn't updated them to have smartmod as the default governor yet. He said that's for the next update.
So you'll need to run setcpu or a rom with built in CPU controls to have smartass.

zoomy942

Reaction score
He hasn't updated them to have smartmod as the default governor yet. He said that's for the next update.
So you'll need to run setcpu or a rom with built in CPU controls to have smartass.

rats. looking to drop setcpu ;)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

GimpSource 3.1 has this function built in. Hint, hint.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zoomy942

Reaction score

GimpSource 3.1 has this function built in. Hint, hint.

so from what i'm seeing, the gimpsource project is making your own rom from a stripped source?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is true.

He's been building an AOSP but its taking time.

The latest Gimpsquad is AOSP.

Not sure when the Source AOSP will be out.

zoomy942

Reaction score
Building my own ROM is a thought i have had, but out of my league for the moment.

How can i use that init.d to set it to smartmod without having to use SetCPU?