Kernel Question for CM 5.0.8

Discussion in 'Koush' started by bigsal82, Jun 23, 2010.

1. bigsal82

bigsal82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt see a thread about this. I recently flashed over from Froyo to 5.0.8 and decided to use a bekit 1000mhz 5 slot standard voltage kernel. it worked but was a little hot so i decided to try one of P3droids kernels and it sent me into a boot loop.

So i booted into recovery and installed one of P3droids kernels i had for froyo with the wifi fix that was on my sdcard. I believe its a 1.2ghz kernel. My phone seems to be working great now and running cooler.

So basically my question is, Is it ok to use that kernel even though it was for froyo while its still working really good and got me out of the boot loop. is there anything i should be worried about

Edit: Nevermind it started acting up and im now restoring to my backup. Going back to bekit at least its stable maybe getting rid of some widgets will help

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, I wouldn't advise using froyo kernels on eclair builds.

I have read on CM forums that for a few they were seeing higher temps with 5.0.8. Not sure why.

3. bigsal82

bigsal82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea It got me out of the boot loop. Guess I panicked. I ended up restoring and reflashing the kernel and its much better. Thanks