5.0.8 wtf?

Lars1

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quite new to Rootville but it looks nice, think I'll stay awhile.

Only tried out two ROMS so far, BB v1.1 and CM 5.0.8.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but BB was so much faster and smooth.

Granted I did have a 1Ghz kernel running.

My quadrent score on BB was in the upper 500's and with 5.0.8 I am only getting 365.

Any way to speed things up? Am I doing something wrong?

I do like all the customization options but why so slow?

Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apply the 1 Ghz kernel for CM like you applied the 1 Ghz kernel for BB.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
When I installed BB thru ROM manager it came up as an option during the process. How do I do it after the fact?

(sorry for my ignorance)

hookerdj

Reaction score
you will not ever get anything over 750 or so using these roms they are 2.1 and they will never get as high as say 1650 on quadrant as where as 2.2 will

Attachments

• CAP201006060423.jpg
    CAP201006060423.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 196

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you have rom manager, click on Cyanogenmod, and click on either P3Droid or Bekit Kernels.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reference.

So can I speed it up using a different kernel?

How do I install a new kernel? Through ROM Manager? Which would you recommend?

Thanks again

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either Bekit or P3Droids are fine...you may want to experiment with both..yes if you install that overclocked kernel it would be much faster. And yes through ROM manager like I explained above.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Apply the 1 Ghz kernel for CM like you applied the 1 Ghz kernel for BB.

That all depends on which kernel was used when using BB. Not all kernels will work with cyanogenmod. Unless they are in the any rom format that koush made.

If you have premium rom manager. Under settings enable advanced mode then under download rom> cyanogenmod you can download a kernel. either p3droid or bekit. I recomment p3droid people including myself have been having problems with wifi using bekits kernels.

If you dont have premium rom manager here are some links to p3droid and jdlg's kernels. I havent tried jdlg's kernels. I using p3droid's lv 1ghz kernel.

p3droid's kernels

P3Droid Kernels

jdlg's kernels....use the .29 ones

jdlfg kernels v.32.1.3 Froyo 2.2 kernels lineup. TEST v.32 1300 - CyanogenMod Forum

When you download these you need to rename them to update.zip and placec them on the root of you sd. Then in recovery allow update.zip install and then install the update.zip.

hope that helps

hookerdj

Reaction score
i would recommend a bekits kernel try a 1000 lv that should get you somewhere where you have a good start . all you do is go into settings click advanced under rom manager then go to cyanogen then bekits then click the kernel you want then it will download do not wipe data or cache or make a backup it will self install after that
Thanks for the reference.

So can I speed it up using a different kernel?

How do I install a new kernel? Through ROM Manager? Which would you recommend?

Thanks again

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Kernel options are grayed out in ROM manager.

hookerdj

Reaction score
if you are using rom manager you do not wanna name them update.zip cause you are using clockworkmod and there is no need to rename anything if you do not want to allow clockwork to self install after you download the kernel you want and put on your sd card all you do is go into rom manager hit install rom fro sd card and just go click on the file. Remember you do not have to rename anything update.zip if you are using rom manager for it is clockwork mod

hookerdj

Reaction score
when you open up rom manager hit your menu button its your second softkey from the left then go into settings and then advanced users you have to check

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You need to enable Advanced Mode. Press the menu key while on the homepage of Rom Manager.