Blue Energy - Themed CyanogenMod ROM

kastein

Reaction score
any possible way you could theme the new 2.2 that's out exactly like this one.....

liquid0624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
would love to see this theme on froyo 2.2 as well :) keep up the great work :)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
see it in rom manager too, applying now :)

fyi, fix permissions in RM not working but d/l rom works fine.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is it just me or is the spare parts from market not the same as in cm 5.07 ? no ability to change colors.
never mind, I now see those extra functions were specific to the rom.
I love froyo speeds but darn 5071 looked nice with those :)

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well I took the dip and rooted,loaded cm 5.0.7.1, then the blue energy theme. I also installed the app pack.

Thank you and it really works great except for one thing, the power button will not activate the lock screen.

Am I missing something in the controls that I should be setting to get this to work. I have had to turn down screen timeout so I don't leave it unlocked but if I want to put it in my pocket I have to turn the screen timeout down to 15 seconds and wait.

Funny thing is that when it is locked and the screen comes on to unlock, now the power button will lock the screen back down.

Last edited:

RaceMan

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help (noob) I down loaded Blue energy and app pack through Rom Manager and I reboot and nothing happens ?? I'm coming from 5.0.7.1 . Not sure if I need to choose update zip when I get into my sprecovery ( I think that's what I'm in when I reboot ? ) or update from sd card ?? I'm still pretty new at this but you guys make it alot easier to do !!!
Thanks !! this looks awsome !!!! can't wait to try it.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Giving a Bump here , hoping for some help.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but is this theme still supported?

I noticed a lot of posts over in the froyo thread.

Should I be moving up to that?

stonedoubt

Reaction score

Almost all of these roms and themes are provided by private individuals who also have jobs and lives... they don't provide support officially. I am not sure why you would have that problem... I have 5.0.7.1 with this theme installed and can't reproduce your problem... I imagine the theme developer will have the same issue... it's probably not the theme causing it.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help (noob) I down loaded Blue energy and app pack through Rom Manager and I reboot and nothing happens ?? I'm coming from 5.0.7.1 . Not sure if I need to choose update zip when I get into my sprecovery ( I think that's what I'm in when I reboot ? ) or update from sd card ?? I'm still pretty new at this but you guys make it alot easier to do !!!
Thanks !! this looks awsome !!!! can't wait to try it.

What theme are you running now?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8

Almost all of these roms and themes are provided by private individuals who also have jobs and lives... they don't provide support officially. I am not sure why you would have that problem... I have 5.0.7.1 with this theme installed and can't reproduce your problem... I imagine the theme developer will have the same issue... it's probably not the theme causing it.

I understand about them having lives but I also saw him posting last night in the froyo side of his themes.

NP's with that ...froyo is the latest and greatest.

I just came back to post though that I accidentally fixed my problem.

After having to keep flipping the screen timeout times around today I finally got fed up enough to have rom manager take me back to the stock non rooted 2.01 rom I checked off to have it wipe the data cache before it it rebooted and started clockwork.

Well clockwork failed and I choose to reboot, when it came back up and rebooted back into blue energy the screen lock is now working.

I still plan on going back to stock though, fussing around with all these bugs is a waste of time. Not to mention my wife who has been pissed at me for screwing with this when she wants "me time".

RaceMan

Reaction score
" What theme are you running now?[/QUOTE]

I did the CM 5.07.1 with no theme .
I had the JRummy 5.07.1 but had problem with Battery run down.
I"m thinking as is everyone probably about just waiting for the Froyo to get worked out but I saw this and wanted to try it .

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score

I understand about them having lives but I also saw him posting last night in the froyo side of his themes.

NP's with that ...froyo is the latest and greatest.

I just came back to post though that I accidentally fixed my problem.

After having to keep flipping the screen timeout times around today I finally got fed up enough to have rom manager take me back to the stock non rooted 2.01 rom I checked off to have it wipe the data cache before it it rebooted and started clockwork.

Well clockwork failed and I choose to reboot, when it came back up and rebooted back into blue energy the screen lock is now working.

I still plan on going back to stock though, fussing around with all these bugs is a waste of time. Not to mention my wife who has been pissed at me for screwing with this when she wants "me time".

Sorry about the long delay for an answer. Yes this theme is still supported, but even Koush will be coming out with a new version as soon that is based off the Froyo source. So..at some point soon it won't be supported, until a new version of the theme is up.

Sorry you were having problems with it. I've never had problems with the lock screen, and I am a habitual 'screen locker' when I am done with it to conserve battery. Sometimes reinstalling helps out if there are random bugs like that. This is the first I have heard about a bug like that though.

That said, I have a thread on CyanogenMod Forums, this thread, a Bugless Beast thread, and the Froyo thread to keep up with. Sometimes for some reason Droid Forums stops emailing me updates on a thread. I have asked for a section to keep everything in one place which would help me answer everyone's questions quickly but I haven't gotten the final response as of yet.

Obviously there are more support like questions going on with the Froyo version as that is the hot topic right now. I consider the Bugless and CyanogenMod versions to be pretty stable so I don't check them as often.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
I am not sure I want to reinstall all of my apps again and setup the screens and ... 5.0.7.1 is really stable for me and fast. I have ADW Launcher all setup the way I want it too... I would love to have the new battery icon from the froyo version and the Helix Dialer looks pretty cool... but the additional features (even flash) aren't important to me right now since I rarely have time to watch movies/videos on my phone anyway.

I am a self employed Web Developer and am currently brushing up on the SDK and Java to be an Android App Developer - small apps already written including cpu usage monitor and widget, switch widget, a couple of website shortcut apps and an RSS Reader to load the RSS feed from a specific site.