Genesis Version 1 (Overlay themed CM ROM)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
im installing genesis theme 5.0.7.1 from ROM manager and it's not working. keeps telling me the zip file is bad........?????

I got a bad download as well...download from the links at the first post in this thread.

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
im installing genesis theme 5.0.7.1 from ROM manager and it's not working. keeps telling me the zip file is bad........?????

I got a bad download as well...download from the links at the first post in this thread.

You may have been attempting to download when I was updating one of the mirrors. I am not sure how Rom Manager picks which mirror to use, but at one point all the main links were new, and the backup mirrors were old. You may have started your download while i was ensuring everything was on the right version.

I know Rom Manager works, cause I installed RockerGirl from RM without wiping, verified it working, then used RM to install Genesis 1.1.1 with Gapps and everything. It all installed ok and is still running on my phone.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the Corpcal.apk. I put it on the sd card and it won't install. I made sure to rename to .apk. It goes all the way through the process to install and then says"application not installed". I really need this in my rom.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the Corpcal.apk. I put it on the sd card and it won't install. I made sure to rename to .apk. It goes all the way through the process to install and then says"application not installed". I really need this in my rom.

I don't think install works for system apps...

Easiest way is use Droid Root Explorer to copy corpcal.apk to /system/app, and set permissions to match the other APKs in that folder (long-press and select "Permissions" from context menu)...

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have droid explorer on my computer, is that what you are talking about? I don't know how to use that at all. Never mind, you are talking about root explorer on the phone. I have done that, now rebooting to see if it takes.

Okay, that worked. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
slayher you going to theme the widgets facebook? just wandering?

+1 on this one. =)

I haven't really messed with theming FB and other apps yet. That requires cracking open the app, and replacing files. My ROM being themed is all done in the source. When the apks are compiled, its using my images vice the stock ones.

im using launcher pro. is there a MM theme for it?
No, sorry.

im using launcher pro. is there a MM theme for it?

I was wondering why when I use Helix2 that comes with the rom, the google search widget is themed. When I use launcher pro, the google widget is not themed.

Because the search widget is part of the Launcher. So in theory I could theme Launcher, Launcher2, Helix, and Launcher Pro different, if I wanted to lol.

tdog7879

Reaction score
do the bekit kernels or p3droid kernels that are in rom manger work with this rom/theme? The 1200 kernel that comes with this rom seems to run pretty hot on my phone and i even backed it down to 1000....so i really want to try the 7slot LV1000 p3droid kernel which has always run the coolest on my phone ..just wasnt sure if the if there compatible with 5.0.7.1...

Thanks

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
do the bekit kernels or p3droid kernels that are in rom manger work with this rom/theme? The 1200 kernel that comes with this rom seems to run pretty hot on my phone and i even backed it down to 1000....so i really want to try the 7slot LV1000 p3droid kernel which has always run the coolest on my phone ..just wasnt sure if the if there compatible with 5.0.7.1...

Thanks

They will work yes, but you will lose Compcache, unless P3Droid has packaged the needed modules for ramzswap with it.

tdog7879

Reaction score

Thanks

They will work yes, but you will lose Compcache, unless P3Droid has packaged the needed modules for ramzswap with it.
Thanks ...what about the bekit kernels??? will i lose the compcache with those?? (7slot lv1000 bekit)

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
i have a link to bekits 7slot lv 1000 kernel in the first post. Its bekits with compcache patched in.

but i do think his latest have it

tdog7879

Reaction score
i have a link to bekits 7slot lv 1000 kernel in the first post. Its bekits with compcache patched in.

but i do think his latest have it
so can you please make this theme for 2.2! This is the best looking Theme!

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
I am sticking with CM for right now. The way my themes are done, is by building the actual CM source, with my images substituted in. No metamorphs, or opening apks. So I will build this for 2.2 when CM updates to 2.2 :)