Some basic facts about CM/Koush

forkup

Reaction score
Premium options are grayed out until you purchase the premium license for Rom Manager which is well worth the money I might add. This gives you access to custom themes and other goodies.

JCo352

Reaction score
Ok so I flashed Clockwork Recovery, downloaded Cyanogen 5.0.6.2(Does it usually take everything longer to do in CWR?). I am up and running, but now when I go to Rom Manager, everything is grayed out, like before I flashed CWRecovery. So no options are available, including being able to flash back to SPrecovery. I hate to say it but I think I like SPRecovery so much better.

If I am reading this right you'll need to flash CWR again since you put a new ROM on it. Just go back into CWR and click on the very top button.

Well I still have CW recovery so I don't see why I would need to flash it again. But I just used the backup I made, of Jrummy's before I installed the new rom, and all of my options are back. I dunno I might stick with SPRecovery, it is wayyy faster.

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
Premium options are grayed out until you purchase the premium license for Rom Manager which is well worth the money I might add. This gives you access to custom themes and other goodies.

Yes I understand that, I'm saying it grayed out everything, but the option to flash clockwork. In other words, it went back to the state it was in, when I first dl'd rom manager.

RoLa

Reaction score

Yes I understand that, I'm saying it grayed out everything, but the option to flash clockwork. In other words, it went back to the state it was in, when I first dl'd rom manager.
Try menu settings advanced mode

supersaki

Reaction score

I've noticed it does this everytime I flash a new ROM. Doesn't matter if I wipe or not. No biggie, however, just reflash clockwork recovery again.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
OK, help me out here ... ;-)

I'm running rooted 2.0.1. Downloaded and installed ROM Manager. Backed up my previous install using it (backup appears to have run just fine).

Downloaded the ESE81 rooted stock 2.1 ROM.

Tried to flash it. CMR gave me the option to wipe data (the first time, I did not check this option, the second I did - no difference), then the option to reboot into Recovery and flash the ROM. It did reboot, got past the "M" logo, got the triangle-! screen (no progress bar) - then - hang. I let it sit for 10 minutes both times, then hit the power button twice. Phone rebooted fine, but nothing was done - back to the previous state (2.0.1); all apps still present.

(1) What am I doing wrong?
(2) How long SHOULD it take to flash the new ROM?
(3) If I do get this installed, how do I get Google Apps?

Thanks - and pardon the n00bish questions.
Bob

hookerdj

Reaction score
lol you are a little confused after you download what you want it will come to a box that says wipe data or what not after you hit that it should start to install all by itself there ius no need to hit reboot into recovery

OK, help me out here ... ;-)

I'm running rooted 2.0.1. Downloaded and installed ROM Manager. Backed up my previous install using it (backup appears to have run just fine).

Downloaded the ESE81 rooted stock 2.1 ROM.

Tried to flash it. CMR gave me the option to wipe data (the first time, I did not check this option, the second I did - no difference), then the option to reboot into Recovery and flash the ROM. It did reboot, got past the "M" logo, got the triangle-! screen (no progress bar) - then - hang. I let it sit for 10 minutes both times, then hit the power button twice. Phone rebooted fine, but nothing was done - back to the previous state (2.0.1); all apps still present.

(1) What am I doing wrong?
(2) How long SHOULD it take to flash the new ROM?
(3) If I do get this installed, how do I get Google Apps?

Thanks - and pardon the n00bish questions.
Bob

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Hmmmm...well, I just updated CMR to 1.8.1.3 and it worked. Flashed the new ROM. Checked Settings and I'm now on 2.1, with build "ESE 81 by Pete" - so we're all good.

I'm not seeing the five panels we're supposed to have on 2.1, just the three I had before. ??? Live wallpapers work, though.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JustisLewis

Reaction score
I just have to ask, is this really true anymore:
1. This rom is not a "fully loaded" rom. You won't see much more than you would see in a stock android build. It's meant to be a nice, enhanced, optimized version "stock" android. Koush will not be deviating from cyanogen's "vision" for the build.

lol I feel like CM is one of the most loaded ROMs out there

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Justis, loaded is a loaded question, pardon the pun.

I think I would clasify it is mostly unloaded compared to others. No alternate music app from source A, no alternate camera from source B, no 345 scripts to change everything about the experience, just a very functional CM settings menu that addresses the basic features that folks like to have. If you follow the trends in romming, IMHO, you will see either basic, no frills close to stock to appeal to the folks who need solid functioning or everything but the kitchen sink for the folks who need to have a different experience. I honestly feel these roms fall right in the middle.

Heck, I am just pleased to have a soild no problems rom, with decent features, and a little customization all for our dead-end D1's. But then I am one of those users who uses the phone extensively for work, and I need it to work:)

Craig