[Theme] CM 6.1 RC5 NexTheme

captdroid

Reaction score
Pandora widget fix, and themed GMail now in full theme download 11/30/10... Use this link to download full theme using PC only since folks have problems downloading via Phone: http://filefactory.com/file/b481e28/n/CMRC5-NexTheme.zip

After Theme install go to Cyanogenmod Settings> User Interface> Tweaks Extras> Select a Theme> and select STOCK_Black then reboot so notification bar text shows correctly.

Credits: manup456 for his original NexTheme port, Thanks! bp328i for his NexTheme port and dialer tweaks, Thanks! Godfather for the Pandora widget fix, Thanks! sloan ranger for the HTC MOD keyboard pics, Thanks! captdroid for porting to CM 6.1 RC5 :)

Make a backup before you install.

This is only the Theme for CM 6.1 RC5. Must install CM 6.1 RC5 and gapps first. Boot your upgraded or freshly installed CM ROM first then apply the Theme after just clearing 'cache' in ROM Manager menu.

Themed apps contained in full theme install:
Bluetooth, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Deskclock, Email, Gallery3D, GenieWidget, Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Keyboard, Market, Mms, Music, Pandora, Phone, Settings, SpareParts, Talk, Voicedialer

Recommend: uninstalling Gmail and Pandora if already installed from the market.
Recommend: turn off Window animations, Transition animations in SpareParts for a faster experience.

Phone dialer options. Links below are only the phone dialer. Flash using same method as full theme posted above.
Reduced size Phones 11/28/10. If you been having trouble try these. Download links (phone only):

Download full color phone here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b47b0fd/n/Phone_Full_Color.zip

Download half color phone here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b47b0g2/n/Phone_Half_Color.zip

First attached image shows theme with phone. Second image shows phone option full color. Third image shows phone option half color.

Trouble installing the full theme and / or one of the phone options?
You installed but it's not taking? Your Phone is now boot looping after theme install? Check the space available in your /system partition /system/app Some are reporting space available low as 40k... that won't cut it... lol Use root explorer and delete lets say CMWallpapers.apk to free up space. Here is a list of 'safe' to delete apps from /system/app: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

HTC MOD NexTheme keyboard option made using Gimpsta:

Read these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416 and use the Gimpsta HTC mod keyboard I made in this download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?w0apbq8c8i8d2n6

Be sure to also install the 'clicker' mentioned in the instruction. Then go into system settings, language and keyboard and select only the HTC Mod keyboard. Check out all the new keyboard settings!

Fourth and fifth attached image shows HTC MOD NexTheme keyboard option.

Attachments

• bp328i-CMRC5-NexTheme.JPG
    bp328i-CMRC5-NexTheme.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 874
  • bpi328i-NexTheme-Phone-Full-Color.JPG
    bpi328i-NexTheme-Phone-Full-Color.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 545
  • bp328i-NexTheme-Phone-Half-Color.JPG
    bp328i-NexTheme-Phone-Half-Color.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 719
  • snap20101123_215848.png
    snap20101123_215848.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 366
  • snap20101123_215927.png
    snap20101123_215927.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 369

Hell Toupee

Reaction score
Sent my phone in to a boot loop. Didn't wipe ect but upgraded from RC3 to RC5 and tried to flash it thru Rom Manager. Don't really want to wipe because I have the launcher hack setup along with compcache set and working.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Sent my phone in to a boot loop. Didn't wipe ect but upgraded from RC3 to RC5 and tried to flash it thru Rom Manager. Don't really want to wipe because I have the launcher hack setup along with compcache set and working.

This Theme is not on ROM manager. Download from the link in the OP.

Edit: If you mean flashed the Theme using clockworkmod then try flash the ROM upgrade, then boot it, then back into clockworkmod recovery and flash the Theme after clearing just 'cache'

js0724

Reaction score
Do you or BP have plans to theme Facebook and twitter widgets like the original NexTheme?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Do you or BP have plans to theme Facebook and twitter widgets like the original NexTheme?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think bp328i is fine tuning the Theme and it will show up over here...

Hiroshika

Reaction score

I think he meant that he flashed it with rom manager, not that he downloaded it through it.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score

I think he meant that he flashed it with rom manager, not that he downloaded it through it.

Could be but ROM manager doesn't actually flash anything it is for download, etc... Clockworkmod is for flashing :)

Hell Toupee

Reaction score
Ok, yes you are correct I DLed it thru your link and tried to use Clockwork Recovery to flash it with the option to choose the file in Rom Manager. And got a boot loop.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Ok, yes you are correct I DLed it thru your link and tried to use Clockwork Recovery to flash it with the option to choose the file in Rom Manager. And got a boot loop.

If you mean flashed the Theme using clockworkmod then try flash the ROM upgrade, then boot it, then back into clockworkmod recovery and flash the Theme after clearing just 'cache' (menu option in clockworkmod)

I must have flashed the install .zip in the OP half a dozen times as I was tweaking the port... lol Not one boot loop...

Hell Toupee

Reaction score
I took your advice and booted in to recovery and wiped cache and it seems to have worked. I did have one random reboot right after the intial boot but it seems stable now. Thanks.

TMYINC

Reaction score
First download and flash went good. I switch the CM theme to stock_black to compliment the NexTheme a little better. Looks good so far. I would like to see how it develops in the future. Hoping that it will be available for the final release when it is done. 2 things I am hoping for are a black dockbar/pagination dots and the wood looking NexTheme wallpaper. All in all I am happy with it. Has a lot of potential!

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
First download and flash went good. I switch the CM theme to stock_black to compliment the NexTheme a little better. Looks good so far. I would like to see how it develops in the future. Hoping that it will be available for the final release when it is done. 2 things I am hoping for are a black dockbar/pagination dots and the wood looking NexTheme wallpaper. All in all I am happy with it. Has a lot of potential!

Yea it's being further ported... time will tell... :)

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey captdroid, mind if I post up a new dialer I made?

Tested and working...

Phone.zip

Attachments

• CAP2010112720451.jpg
    CAP2010112720451.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 320
  • CAP2010112720531.jpg
    CAP2010112720531.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 265
  • CAP2010112720453.jpg
    CAP2010112720453.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 270