[Theme] CM Nightly Bulid 191 NexTheme

Discussion in 'Koush' started by bp328i, Nov 21, 2010.

1. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

It was requested that this theme be ported to CM Nightly build 191...with the much help from captdroid on the update zip file here it is. Thank you captdroid for the help on this!!!!

Now as always please make a backup first.

All credit goes to Manup456 for the original Nextheme.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE 11/22/10...
    The below link is the latest version that has the green progress/volume bar. It is also a much smaller file as I took out the extra un-themed files/apps (thanks again for the suggestion captdroid).

http://www.mediafire.com/?311azhymfya7aho <------NexTheme update zip with green bar for 191
    Mirror
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b464h10/n/NewGreenBar.zip <------NexTheme update zip with green bar for 191

Any one that likes the yellow progress/volume bar the below zip is for you.

CM_191_NexTheme.zip <------NexTheme update zip with yellow bar for 191

And anyone wanting the full ROM but themed the below zip is just that....Fully NexThemed CM Nightly build #191 ROM...this still has the yellow progress/volume bar.

cm_sholes_full-191.zip <------NexThemed FULL ROM with yellow bar for 191

After you flash you need to go into Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme STOCK_Black....then reboot so the notifications writing is the right color.

Themed latest verison Pandora app

http://www.mediafire.com/?40g8094y16x344i <------NexThemed (Pandora app ONLY) update zip

Below is a HTC mod keyboard made by captdroid!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?w0apbq8c8i8d2n6 <------NexThemed (HTC mod keyboard ONLY) update zip

HTC mod keyboard using http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php for CM build 191 NexTheme. Follow these instruction:[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers and use HTC mod keyboard

Be sure to also install the 'clicker' mentioned in the instruction. Then go into system settings, language and keyboard and select only the HTC Mod keyboard. Check out all the settings then in the HTC keyboard!

Attached Files:

2. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Thanks bp328i... I really like the theme. Excellent job porting this!!! No problems at all so far. :) And thanks again for making this available for CM nightly build 191

bp328i rules! :)
  3. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Awesome! Thanks to both of you. I have been switching in between CM build 191 and PEv3. I never thought their would be a theme for a nightly but I was wrong! Lovin' it!
  4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

If you would like to make this work on any ROM, any nightly, let me know. If you create it as MetaMorph, you wont have any issues. I have used my same MetaMorph across every single ROM and never had any issues. PM if you are interested. And nice work, keep it up.

And it will only take a few minutes to learn, Metamorph is the easiest thing to learn, ever.
  5. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew New Member

Thanks for the port.

Edit: This theme breaks my service/data. The app icons are themed in the app drawer, but not in the setting menu and the status bar is unthemed. I will try to redownload and flash again.
  6. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Framework.apk did not install. Weird, are you using clockworkmod to install? Maybe try clearing just 'cache' first and then flash.
  7. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

if i had replaced the camera that came with 191 does this replace that camera? lol
  8. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew New Member

Tried it with a full wipe.
  9. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

this 191 camera wont zoom for ish without force closing. I love the theme though. thanks!
  10. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Camera works fine for me :)
  11. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Weird, maybe try pushing the framework.apk using adb...
  12. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

alright! i got the 191 camera working. i pulled the akp from the theme and did the dalvik clear. and bingo. except now the camera isnt themed. just reinstall the theme?
  13. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Give it a shot.. themed camera works fine for me... And just to see I cleared 'cache' and 'dalvik cache' and still themed camera working fine.. not one FC and zoom works both in camera and video recorder.

I had no problem installing the theme using the update .zip posted. But apparently some are having trouble with framework.apk not applying. Maybe clear just 'cache' and also 'dalvik cache' and then install the theme.
  14. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

woot reapplying the theme did the trick. now im golden. 191 and theme! yay. until the next great build...
  15. captdroid

captdroid New Member

16. bp328i

It is weird as the framework did not take on my phone but worked fine for captdroid and others. I loaded it on my sons droid with no issues at all. I had to push the framework-res.apk to my phone via adb for the framework to take.

I'm trying my hand at MetaMorph files to see if I can get it working for all that have issues with the update zip.
  17. captdroid

captdroid New Member

I'm thinking maybe clearing 'cache' and 'dalvik cache' first then applying the theme will work better for some...
  18. bp328i

I'm out playing poker right now but started to theme a new framework apk for build 191. I found some extra png's in the first one I did. When I get home I will finish and post a new upload zip.
  19. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Cool as always looking forward to your work :)
  20. bp328i

Ok all I just went and themed the full ROM....dame update zip format...lol:) I have a lot to learn there... I'm adding the link to the fully themed ROM in the OP.

Have fun all...

Uploaded just have to run to the store will have it posted within 30...