Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
rMoD Series Kernels for the Droid

Home of the SmartMoD governor!

As seen in Liquid Gingerbread 1.42!

These kernels are based on RaidZero's source code, big thanks to him for sharing and saving me some time, effort, and headache!

Default governeor is set to interactive, I highly recommend switching to SmartMoD, battery life is much better and speed stays the same :)

Testers have reported nice temps even with high clock speeds :)

SmartMoD governor is a modified governor originally made for the hero, I modified the governor to perform better with our cpu. You can find some information on the original governor here.

What SmartMoD does, when your phone is in use, screen on, the governor will behave much like the interactive governor, but when you turn the screen off it holds the max clock speed to 350, as soon as the screen is turned on the governor jumps to 900 (or max if you're running a lower speed kernel) then resumes acting like the interactive governor.

Now at this time I'm releasing what I have built and what I know works, as always make a backup before installing these. Take responsibilities for your actions, I provide these kernels with no promises, if you want to use them do so at your own risk. DroidForums and I will take no responsibility for your use of these overclocked kernels.

I will be adding more as I get them done and know they work well so please be patient with me.

SV
Dow right now sorry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
Raidzero................Source
erasmux................Governor
Slayher..................General help, answered many questions I had
invisiblek...............General help with questions

The following for their development into the android kernel...
p3droid, bekit, chevyNo1, cvpcs, cm team, linux kernel devs, and of course google's android dev's

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet testing 1ghz

*Running it now & everything is good so far. 2 questions though: Is this low voltage & with the smartass gov are you suppose to get rid of setcpu?

*what is the min/max while idle?

detox

Reaction score
Sweet testing 1ghz
*Running it now & everything is good so far. 2 questions though: Is this low voltage & with the smartass gov are you suppose to get rid of setcpu?

He said they are close to standard voltage and will release low voltage once these are complete

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sweet testing 1ghz

It removes the need for screen on/off profiles in setcpu, but you can still use setcpu to set min max values...or your rom's settings if it's included.

And yes these are pretty close to SV I will work on some LV once i've got more of those "comming soon" slots changed to DL links.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I know these are included in LGB 1.42 but they aren't restricted to use with any certain ROM's are they? As long as D-1? Preferrably 2.3+?

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Nope...I have personally tested on Gingerbread & Froyo, off the top of my head they have been run on Liquid Gingerbread, CM7, Project Elite 4.2, & Project GimpSource,,,So they will work on GB & froyo and shouldnt matter the rom

250-800 Added to OP

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Thanks, yeah I meant sleep mode. It's working smooth for me on CM7 but I can't check time in state just like with the other RZKs.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
^Thanks, yeah I meant sleep mode. It's working smooth for me on CM7 but I can't check time in state just like with the other RZKs.

Ok, I have never seen anything for checking time in state... can you clue me in? I get that it tells you how much time is spent at different speeds, but what do you use to find this information? I can try to find what I need to enable for the info, but need to know how to find that info first :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I use setcpu to look at it but I think the kernel needs a module or something to record it
62f96991-d4d3-cd68.jpg

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
get them!

These are great kernels! Give them a go. I've been running one for a day now, amd have no issues at all.