CM 6.1 RC3 Kernel question

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermind... Chevy 2.6.32-medV-1.1 doesn't seem to be compcache enabled. Going to try Slayher.

Last edited:

SoDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if P3 added Interactive to his kernels? I flashed the 250-1100lv and I have Interactive as an option, but AFAIK P3 has not implemented the Interactive setting. Also, I feel like my performance was better with the stock kernel @ 800MHz than the P3 @ 900MHz. Running both on Performance setting.

captdroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if P3 added Interactive to his kernels? I flashed the 250-1100lv and I have Interactive as an option, but AFAIK P3 has not implemented the Interactive setting. Also, I feel like my performance was better with the stock kernel @ 800MHz than the P3 @ 900MHz. Running both on Performance setting.

Yea the interactive governor is there on the P3Droid kernels but they do not support IPv6 AFIAK right now so apps such as google goggles will not run.

SoDroid

Reaction score

Yea the interactive governor is there on the P3Droid kernels but they do not support IPv6 AFIAK right now so apps such as google goggles will not run.

Nice! Thanks for the info. I thought I was having some kind of kernel flashing issue lol. But the setting was working so I was going to use it till something went wrong.

SoDroid

Reaction score
I just checked my download date for the P3 kernels I'm using, it was 8/4. They must've been updated since, I just flashed one and there's no Interactive. I've always felt that I have the best performance with P3 kernels, so I was pretty pumped to find this out :icon_ banana: And I gotta check for updates more often!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think only certain voltages and speed ratings got updated, for some reason. Like the 250-1250 LV didn't but the SV 125-1100 did. Know what I'm saying? :)

elstano2k7

Reaction score
TIP! In your Terminal Manager type "su" hit enter, then type "compcache start" enter! This is the only way to know for sure compcache is working in cyanogen! Simply checking the box under performance setting's will not work.

SoDroid

Reaction score
I think only certain voltages and speed ratings got updated, for some reason. Like the 250-1250 LV didn't but the SV 125-1100 did. Know what I'm saying? :)

I think you're exactly right. All of the old 150lv minimum kernels that I have from 8/4 do not have Interactive. But the 250 mins I downloaded yesterday do. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I'm running rc3, with the 8/1 Chevy med voltage 125-800 mhz kernel, setcpu set to conservative with profiles:
autokiller set to extreme, and LP with moderate memory useage, this phone flies, lasts all day and all night, and no troubles whatsoever. So yes, I can attest that not only do Chevy's kernels run, but they run freakin off the hook. But use the 8/1 kernels. That's what I'm using...

Does compcache work somehow with the Chevy kernel?

I haven't cared much about this compcache stuff, cause this setup works like a pam anderson late 90's dream. Just sharing my setup for you guys to try and maybe someone else's phone can share the joy!

captdroid

Reaction score
I'm running rc3, with the 8/1 Chevy med voltage 125-800 mhz kernel, setcpu set to conservative with profiles:
autokiller set to extreme, and LP with moderate memory useage, this phone flies, lasts all day and all night, and no troubles whatsoever. So yes, I can attest that not only do Chevy's kernels run, but they run freakin off the hook. But use the 8/1 kernels. That's what I'm using...

Does compcache work somehow with the Chevy kernel?

I haven't cared much about this compcache stuff, cause this setup works like a pam anderson late 90's dream. Just sharing my setup for you guys to try and maybe someone else's phone can share the joy!

That sounds real good... Where can I download this kernel you speak of :) Does this kernel support IPv6?