CM 6.1 RC3 on ROM Manager

captdroid

Reaction score
Stay with RC2. RC3 broke cam zoom and brought back fc on zoom of camcorder again. BT works great but it did for me on RC2 as well. Or maybe try nightly build 166 as I hear they fixed cam in that version.

Cam zoom fc'd for me in RC2 and still does in RC3.

Update: Cleared cache (not data) and Dalvik cache in clockwork recovery and rebooted a couple times and now no FC on CAM zoom with CM 6.1 RC3. Yay!

I had flashed RC3 over RC2 and for me google apps still there along with most all my settings. Another yay! RC3 flash replaced the slayer v1.6 kernel I had installed of course. Going to run stock kernel for a bit overclocked to 800mhz.

So after wiping the cache you are able to zoom in and out while recording video?

Yes as I said and now the zoom is working fine while recording video

captdroid

Reaction score
ok I am going to try again and see if I get lucky....

I also have the VM heap size set to 32m if that makes any difference. Setting VM heap size to 32m fixed fc problem with 'my verizon' app I was having. But I still got fc on video recording zoom until doing what I said.

Update: Just went back in to the video recording to try again and when trying to zoom it fc'd :( It was working several times. hmmm...

Last edited:

kastein

Reaction score
well then maybe it just isn't fixed properly yet.....thanks for letting me know

captdroid

Reaction score
well then maybe it just isn't fixed properly yet.....thanks for letting me know

yea that could be.. sometimes work sometimes doesn't apparently. Going to see what a aLogcat shows

Update: unfortunately after the video recorder crashes the aLogcat repeats over and over waiting for buffers to free up and wipes out any error when it fc's. Phone has to be rebooted. Guess I'll wait for the next release and see if the video record zoom feature is fixed.

Last edited:

Sandso9

Reaction score
tried to install this but didnt work, i installed with out GAPPS then i installed them once i booted it up and when i booted it up it wanted me to tap on the droid to get started but every time i tap on him it wouldnt do anything anyone else having this problem?

jerroedr

Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference or what fixes they made from RC2 to RC3?

I am running RC2 without any issues right now and trying to find out what benefits I will get from flashing to RC3.

Thanks,

Stay with RC2. RC3 broke cam zoom and brought back fc on zoom of camcorder again. BT works great but it did for me on RC2 as well. Or maybe try nightly build 166 as I hear they fixed cam in that version.

rc3 allowed me to wirelessly teather again. but your right about the camera issues. annoying. however, when you zoom in the pic quality sucks anyway. still would be nice to get a fix on rc4

edit. right after i posted i opened the camera again and the zoom worked in video. lol still not on regular camera
edit 2, but it wont zoom while recording

Last edited:

jerroedr

Reaction score
could getting a different camera.apk work? like getting the one from chevy no 1 ss 4.9?

captdroid

Reaction score

I am running RC2 without any issues right now and trying to find out what benefits I will get from flashing to RC3.

Thanks,

rc3 allowed me to wirelessly teather again. but your right about the camera issues. annoying. however, when you zoom in the pic quality sucks anyway. still would be nice to get a fix on rc4

edit. right after i posted i opened the camera again and the zoom worked in video. lol still not on regular camera
edit 2, but it wont zoom while recording

zoom is flaky. I had it working earlier today somehow but then it broke again. I could zoom while recording video.

captdroid

Reaction score
could getting a different camera.apk work? like getting the one from chevy no 1 ss 4.9?

I was thinking the same thing. Haven't tried. But I didn't see any differences in the camera.apk from RC3 to CM nightly 166.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl

I heard there was a bluetooth issue. Not exactly sure of the details, but AFAIK, it was only bluetooth related.

there was lol
i was trying to use my bluetooth headset one night to listen to music and it wouldnt turn on and i was like >:O

Isaiah

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody else had this problem on 6.2 not being able to enable usb debugging? which made titanium useless for me?

if so or if not, is that around on 6.3?
(if its not clear im talking about settings>applications>dev. >usb debugging)

captdroid

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody else had this problem on 6.2 not being able to enable usb debugging? which made titanium useless for me?

Enabled usb debugging fine for me running CM 6.1 RC3

I use TB works great.

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Smoked Glass-Esque is now available for RC3 in RomManager

Isaiah

Reaction score

Enabled usb debugging fine for me running CM 6.1 RC3

I use TB works great.

yeah, Idk if it was a .2 bug or just a bad flash but i could never click the debugging checkbox, .3 worked fine for me just now. Thanks!