Cm 6.1 rc2 ??

wingdo

Reaction score
Koush's site has RC2 posted.

Index of /motorola/sholes

Not sure what's up with that as I've not seen a tweet or anything about it.

Edit: A posting was made a few minutes ago on Cyanogen's forums. It's quite official.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's on rom manager too

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Installed w/o issue. Much better initial setup than RC1.

Yeah, i sent this via tapatalk. You got a problem with that?

captdroid

Reaction score
Took the Cyanogen mod plunge! Fired up ROM Manager, downloaded Cyanogen 6.1 RC2 and Google apps, then selected backup current ROM (my trusty Sapphire 1.1.1) and wipe data/cache. Phone then rebooted into clockworkmod and backed up, wiped data/cache and installed CM. Logged into google, phone proceeded to sync and automatically downloaded and installed 57 of 58 my market apps. The one app that did not restore was terminal emulator by Jack Palevich (getting "install unsuccessful" on that one).

Wow! I mean WOW! Does this ROM have customization options or what... AMAZING!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

This is what a custom ROM should be!

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Took the Cyanogen mod plunge! Fired up ROM Manager, downloaded Cyanogen 6.1 RC2 and Google apps, then selected backup current ROM (my trusty Sapphire 1.1.1) and wipe data/cache. Phone then rebooted into clockworkmod and backed up, wiped data/cache and installed CM. Logged into google, phone proceeded to sync and automatically downloaded and installed 57 of 58 my market apps. The one app that did not restore was terminal emulator by Jack Palevich (getting "install unsuccessful" on that one).

Wow! I mean WOW! Does this ROM have customization options or what... AMAZING!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

CM includes a terminal emulator.

It's an older version, but it's there. If you want a new one I can link you to the terminal commands, or you can use root explorer (if you have it).

wilderside

Reaction score
Anyone know if the perfect smoked glass theme will work on this? I installed 6.1 RC1 and when I put the theme on it boot looped. I tried installing 6.0 and it boot looped as well. I did a full wipe on both installs and had the rom up and running fine before applying the theme. Anyone else have this problem?

WiLdErSiDe

droiddadi

Reaction score
All the issues from rc1 fixed. Adfree is working fine now. Some of the apps that were missing in rc1 are showing up now

Perfect so far

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
Well the first RC was a disaster for me. So I hope this one is better... Atleast it gave me time to flash the newest Miui (which is actually awesome!!!)

droidkevlar

Reaction score
NICE! I just got back from a halloween party, so ill be charging and then flashing this baby. Cant wait!

captdroid

Reaction score

Unfortunately :( The My Verizon app is force closing on this ROM using the stock kernel or even Slayers kernel. Tried clearing the data for the app, reinstalling, making sure it is not on the SDcard, etc. Force close. Reverting back to Sapphire 1.1.1 for now. I can't have apps force closing that I know should work.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just downloaded the .zip file from Koushes site... Can I just rename the file to update.zip and install using SPR? Do I also need the gapps file?
Last time I used ROM manager was right after the FRG22D OTA and it kept re-installing the stock recovery so I switched back to SPR and the Motocache rooting files.
Has ROM manager been updated to avoid the automatic installation of stock recovery at boot?

Jmart922

Reaction score
Using rc2, great options! Can't wait til final build is released, super fast

jerroedr

Reaction score
so if you already rewrote the file to get compcache to start every boot up what does that mean when i update to rc2?