CM 6.1 RC released for the DROID

mikemullin6

Reaction score
RC1 problems etc

1. RC1 on RM is the same as RC0 from koush.tandtgaming..... website (Koush tweet to clarify).
2. Installed over build 159 and gapps 1025. NO market app plus several FC's and random reboots.
3. restored from 159 nandroid and problems went away. Haven't tried wipe and complete new install but, supposedly, that shouldn't be necessary coming from earlier CM 6 version.

Anyone else have similar problems and, if yes, how did you fix them?

thx

jhuntdog

Reaction score
I do have market app, but plenty of other issues with RC0. Missing several apps, cannot install via market nor via Titanium. I have tried several methods without success:

1. Install RC0 and Gapps 1025 over build 160 without wipe - problems, no twitter, etc
2. Install RC0 over build 160 without wipe - problems, no twitter, etc
3. Full wipe, clean install RC0 w/ gapps 1025 - no twitter, etc
4. Full wipe, clean install stock CM 6.0 stock with it's older gapps; downloaded all apps from market and made sure they were installed and accessible via Titanium; reboot into recovery and installed RC0 - problems persisting, no twitter, etc

I should probably get back to work...

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
If you have gapps 1025, flash an older version. This seems to be causing all the issues. Once I flashed an older gapps set, all my issues from fc'ing went away.

If you are coming from a previous build of CM with gapps 1025, flash an older set, and tehn install the RC. The last 10 or so nightlies including the RC have a script that will carry over certain system apps like market, gmail, etc.

If you are coming from another ROM, I would recommend doing a complete wipe, install RC, then gapps (anything but 1025) and you will be good to go. Doing this has not caused any fc's for me.

Sandso9

Reaction score
I was reading on CM's site that there might be a geolocation problem. It almost looks like that all the apps that use geolocation or Google Maps won't install for some reason.

noticed the same thing, any way to make them install?

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score

jhuntdog

Reaction score
@droidkevlar. Thanks for the tips. This fixes FC issues, as far as I can tell. Are you able to install/use twitter, tweetdeck, shazam, or some of the other trouble apps?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App. CM nightlies.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
@droidkevlar. Thanks for the tips. This fixes DC issues, as far as I can tell. Are you able to install/use twitter, tweetdeck, shazam, or some of the other trouble apps?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App. CM nightlies.

I dont use any of those apps. But it stopped my TB and market fc'ing and then stopped the bootloops as well. After an hour of testing last night, that is how I came to the conclusion it was the 1025 gapps that was causing it all.

If you did what I said, it should work for you. Report back. And good luck.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I've been running this for a couple hours and the only issue i had was that the market didn't auto download my apps. I used Titanium to restore tho.

I installed chevy's lv 1.2 kernel, heres my Quadrant score
CAP201010292238.jpg

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So can the Gapps.zip file from Sapphire 1.1.1 be used with CM6.1 to avoid the 1025 gapps issue?
Possibly, but I wouldn't suggest trying it without a Nandroid or Clockwork backup. And make it manually, not from ROM Manager if you're using RM.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
So can the Gapps.zip file from Sapphire 1.1.1 be used with CM6.1 to avoid the 1025 gapps issue?
Possibly, but I wouldn't suggest trying it without a Nandroid or Clockwork backup. And make it manually, not from ROM Manager if you're using RM.

Oh yea..Backup is my favorite word. I have a couple of my favorite roms always on tap if I mess up an install. I didnt read anywhere in here that any suggestions of which gapps file that is recommended for Cm6.1..What's a brother to Do:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: