[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Is there no CM7 for GB yet or just working off of Froyo only right now? And also, does anyone know if Netflix works on this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cm7 is gb. It just boots off the froyo kernel. Don't get it twisted tho. It's android 2.3.5. Netflix works great. The new Cm7 based off the gb kernel has way too many bugs right now. Soon enough tho...

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Cm7 is gb. It just boots off the froyo kernel. Don't get it twisted tho. It's android 2.3.5. Netflix works great. The new Cm7 based off the gb kernel has way too many bugs right now. Soon enough tho...

Gah! I think I did read that somewhere b4 lol... My eyes are about to bleed from all the reading Ive been doing today..lol But I think Ive read enuf Im just going to dive in.. You gonna be around for a while ldopa? Just in case.. hehehe

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I should be for an hour or so. Just dl cm7 and google Apps
Make sure you're on froyo
Wipe data, cache and dalvik
Mount system
Install cm7
Install gapps
Reboot
Enjoy!
Don't deviate from these instructions and you'll be golden

MendedLogic

Reaction score
How long does it take for Z4root to run exploit to obtain root access? lil circle been turning for a while now more then 5 minutes..

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Ok next problem is upon installing CM7 I get signature verification failed installation aborted??

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok next problem is upon installing CM7 I get signature verification failed installation aborted??

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=cdma_shadow

Did you get the file from here?
Also, there is a camera fix zip for the dx that you'll gave to flash as well. I forgot about that as I have a d2 and our cameras work without a fix. You can get that from the thread (cm4dx).

So, you're back on froyo and rerooted? Good. Dl the file again from this link and make sure the file size matches. You shouldn't have an issue.
Wipe all of it (data, cache, dalvik)
Mount system
Install cm
Install gapps
Reboot
Then you can go back and flash the camera fix after

Last edited:

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Should I have to install the monster zip first? Cuz all I tried so far was the newest nightly 69 and keep getting signature errors

MendedLogic

Reaction score
CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Did you get the file from here?
Also, there is a camera fix zip for the dx that you'll gave to flash as well. I forgot about that as I have a d2 and our cameras work without a fix. You can get that from the thread (cm4dx).

So, you're back on froyo and rerooted? Good. Dl the file again from this link and make sure the file size matches. You shouldn't have an issue.
Wipe all of it (data, cache, dalvik)
Mount system
Install cm
Install gapps
Reboot
Then you can go back and flash the camera fix after

Yes thats the link you gave me b4 and I downloaded the newest 69 and thats the one I got the error from I change the name to "update.zip" correct?

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Operator error! My fault, I wasn't using boot strapper duh..lol So I got Cm7 installed and then the other zips as well then rebooted but seems I'm STUCK in a boot loop!