Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Darkseider

Reaction score
The noticeably missing Bluetooth voice call capability is NOT missing and is present in Android 2.1. When the Canadian and Euro Milestones received their 2.1 updates on the update feature pages one of the mentioned additions was in fact "Bluetooth voice dialing". Now as to why Motorola/VZW whomever decided NOT to include this in the U.S. 2.1 update to the Droid is beyond me but it does in fact already exist.

Link me and show me a reliable source that says this. Because I sure haven't heard of any Android phone having GPS.

Give me a link and I'll come back and say you're right, until then I stand by what I say. And remember, it has to come from a reliable source like engadget or something similar.

How about the .PDF straight from Motorola?

https://rsddownload.motorola.com/download/MILESTONE_Upgrade_Android_2.1__March_24_2010.pdf

Darkseider

Reaction score
Frack no edit: Here is the excerpt as well

Help : A new Help Center app is included that provides mobile access to
your user guide, video tours of key features, tips and tricks, and FAQs to help
you get the most from your device.
Bluetooth support : support for Bluetooth headset multi function for initiating
voice calls
Other Enhancements Security: Prevents unauthorized pattern lock bypass, allows for PIN security
and local device wipe following PIN error input
Music Player : Album art 3D gallery view supported in landscape orientation
Battery life: ongoing battery life optimization
Email account removal: Improvements to manual removal of email accounts

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The noticeably missing Bluetooth voice call capability is NOT missing and is present in Android 2.1. When the Canadian and Euro Milestones received their 2.1 updates on the update feature pages one of the mentioned additions was in fact "Bluetooth voice dialing". Now as to why Motorola/VZW whomever decided NOT to include this in the U.S. 2.1 update to the Droid is beyond me but it does in fact already exist.

Link me and show me a reliable source that says this. Because I sure haven't heard of any Android phone having bluetooth.

Give me a link and I'll come back and say you're right, until then I stand by what I say. And remember, it has to come from a reliable source like engadget or something similar.

https://rsddownload.motorola.com/download/MILESTONE_Upgrade_Android_2.1__March_24_2010.pdf

I see it now. I was wrong, I had no idea that Milestone had bluetooth voice connection.

Well, that really makes it worst. How come we don't have it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So wait.. theres gonna be another market now??

Hmmm...do you really want to trust a source that spells yogurt as Yoghurt? :)

It appears you can spell it that way too....ok....

lol....Well, it would appear there is going to be that Chrome Market. Interesting.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Link me and show me a reliable source that says this. Because I sure haven't heard of any Android phone having bluetooth.

I see it now. I was wrong, I had no idea that Milestone had bluetooth voice connection.

Well, that really makes it worst. How come we don't have it?

That's exactly what I have been saying since the update has come out on the Milestone. Either someone at Motorola hates us or they lied in the document. It would be great if one of the ROM devs were able to get their hands on a Milestone ROM and see what if anything can be done to enable this on the Droid.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^This brings up something I thought about today: tethering is in 2.2 update. Some custom ROMs have tethering built in, along with a kernel that has it too....

Is it possible some of these custom ROMs have had bits n pieces of 2.2 already?

androdomite

Reaction score
Looks like nothing will be official until tomorrow, concerning Android 2.2 at the Google I/O. But there is going to be a lot of people leaving the I/O with Android 2.2, so I would imagine we might see ROMS popping up pretty soon.

BIGWORM

Reaction score
Looks like nothing will be official until tomorrow, concerning Android 2.2 at the Google I/O. But there is going to be a lot of people leaving the I/O with Android 2.2, so I would imagine we might see ROMS popping up pretty soon.

Are they doing updates or something via WiFi?

snappingfish

Reaction score
its *f*r*e*e* no updates, no muss, no fuss

Are they doing updates or something via WiFi?

Google gave all of the participants a "Google Device" as part of the Swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.