Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And that thread was started June 1st. I think thats a good sign. They coulda started it anytime before or after the Google I/O, they chose June 1st.

Darkseider

Reaction score
And that thread was started June 1st. I think thats a good sign. They coulda started it anytime before or after the Google I/O, they chose June 1st.

Thankfully they chose June 1st. Could you imagine if they chose April 1st?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To CK and other 2.2 doubters, here is even MORE proof that the Moto Droid will get 2.2:

Receive Notification From Motorola When Android 2.2 is Ready | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Anyone else notice that the "Receive email notifications" button that's supposed to be on the right isn't there?

need to login to receive notifications

Yeah, but I'm not going to. I'll see threads here when people start getting it and my Droid will notify me as well. :)

V

verian

I still can't have any confidence in verizon to get it to us in a timely manner but for being a one of the negative guys,

I SURE HOPE YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT. I really want to see it come to droid soon but have lost hope.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still can't have any confidence in verizon to get it to us in a timely manner but for being a one of the negative guys,

I SURE HOPE YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT. I really want to see it come to droid soon but have lost hope.

Based on your sig, I can assure you that you will get 2.2 on your droid.

V

verian

Yea, will have a version of it for roms sometime in the future but even thats on hold till someone finds leaked version that can be ported correctly. I'm no developer so I can't say if there has been anything close but I don't think there is yet.

J. Dub

Reaction score

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, will have a version of it for roms sometime in the future but even thats on hold till someone finds leaked version that can be ported correctly.

We'll have a proper version when the 2.2 code hits AOSP, from those that can build ROMS from source.

I'll say no more on the matter as this is a verboten topic - in fact I'm sure this post will be deleted.

ljprevo

Reaction score
I found this on a facebook group.

Motorola Droid 2.2 | Facebook

"Andy Wetzel We're (Motorola) testing it now. Have patience, we have to bench test it to make sure all the bugs are worked out (or the major ones) before anything gets approved to be released OTA
14 hours ago"

sroach23

Reaction score
"Andy Depends on the bench testing. It will be available for download before VZ pushes it out to all users. I'm just as anxious to have FroYo on my Droids (Yes, I have two, one personal and one for work)"
what is meant by download before vz pushes it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.