Silver Member
Reaction score
Next stop 4000 ^_^

Sent from my 1.404 ghz 3605 quadrant score ICS .246 DROID BIONIC

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
By the way Sam, can you explain what "random offset 0x017d" means during the OTA install script? It seems like it's ALWAYS 0x017d, which hardly seems random to me. And WOOT, 2900th post!

It's something that was explained by Team EOS at one point. It's some security thing and I forget the whole explanation. Even custom roms will do it.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey samuri i got a tip where to find the official ota build that will be pushed so u can cross reference the hash with the 246 update

Sweet. Can you PM me?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It would seem that if they changed anything then it would then be .247, two different things with the same version number would be a tech support nightmare.

We don't assume anything. You'll notice I always do my homework where these updates are concerned. That's why the HoB works so well. I don't leave **** to chance.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It happened with 905 it could happen again

I want to see PROOF that it happened with .905 - because I am the one who originated the .905 leak, and the file I downloaded matched up with the one I downloaded that was supposedly the official OTA pulled from someone's cache.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It happened with 905 it could happen again

No, it actually didn't. People claimed it did but were refuted when the hash was IDENTICAL. Then they claimed it was STILL different "somehow". They'd be wrong. Nonetheless, I like being thorough.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
No, it actually didn't. People claimed it did but were refuted when the hash was IDENTICAL. Then they claimed it was STILL different "somehow". They'd be wrong. Nonetheless, I like being thorough.

Could have sworn there was one update that did that

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I want to see PROOF that it happened with .905 - because I am the one who originated the .905 leak, and the file I downloaded matched up with the one I downloaded that was supposedly the official OTA pulled from someone's cache.

The only difference I came up with was the install itself. I've been told that the official update install script wipes the cache and that those who installed it manually may not have done so. See now why I insist people do it with the HoB? As I said, I'm thorough and I leave nothing to chance.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

I do remember a rumor that the OTA was different, but it turned out that the person with the MD5 mismatch had gotten the file corrupted somehow in the process of copying between the cache folder, the sdcard, and their PC.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Nope. 901 was accidentally pushed by mistake to people but was later replaced by 902. A small patch to update 901 to 902 was pushed to those who had 901. There has never been a leak that was proven to be different than the OTA. Ever.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I do remember a rumor that the OTA was different, but it turned out that the person with the MD5 mismatch had gotten the file corrupted somehow in the process of copying between the cache folder, the sdcard, and their PC.

Yet another thing I don't leave to chance. ;)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only difference I came up with was the install itself. I've been told that the official update install script wipes the cache and that those who installed it manually may not have done so. See now why I insist people do it with the HoB? As I said, I'm thorough and I leave nothing to chance.
I'm pretty sure that cache wipe is triggered by the on-device OTA installation app and only happens if the update is installed via the automatic reboot into recovery. Not being one to leave things to chance, I always catch the reboot and do a manual cache wipe anyways *LOL*

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
*LOL* I always thought Sarge's root method was called Motofail, just now noticed it's "Motorofail" :biggrin:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that cache wipe is triggered by the on-device OTA installation app and only happens if the update is installed via the automatic reboot into recovery. Not being one to leave things to chance, I always catch the reboot and do a manual cache wipe anyways *LOL*

Exactly. Those claiming "differences" didn't seem to understand that concept. A cache wipe can affect a great many things.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. 901 was accidentally pushed by mistake to people but was later replaced by 902. A small patch to update 901 to 902 was pushed to those who had 901. There has never been a leak that was proven to be different than the OTA. Ever.
That was funny when they had the accidental push. Can't help but wonder if that's what happened to that guy over at xda that swears he got .246 OTA as a "developer" seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.