Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well hopefully its running the jb software on release :biggrin:.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hopefully. Or newer.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

DemonTaoist

Reaction score
+ dedicated camera button

Unless the D5 goes in the direction of the Galaxy Note, I would the screen size to be closer to 4" than 5". A 4.8 screen + keyboard = a gigantic, heavy honker of a phone.

It might be neat, however, if D5 does go the way of a tablet/phone hybrid, keeping the QWERTY keyboard, but making it removable, a la Asus transformers, so that the keyboard component added extra battery-life, and maybe a 3rd SD slot or something. I could keep the functionality of the QWERTY (whose superiority over on-screens is not nearly as convincing as it used to be), plus add some very attractive features to geeks, business folks, power users, students, mediaphiles, etc...

/sunglasses off

My god... someone make an Droid-sized click-on-able keyboard/battery/storage thing for phone du jour! NAO!

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Removable battery
stock Android

And the removable battery is non-negotiable unless they put a 3000+ mah battery in it and don't give it a MAXX price boost. That's why I'm currently using a Samsung Stratosphere :-/

ronin7

Reaction score
+ dedicated camera button

Unless the D5 goes in the direction of the Galaxy Note, I would the screen size to be closer to 4" than 5". A 4.8 screen + keyboard = a gigantic, heavy honker of a phone.

It might be neat, however, if D5 does go the way of a tablet/phone hybrid, keeping the QWERTY keyboard, but making it removable, a la Asus transformers, so that the keyboard component added extra battery-life, and maybe a 3rd SD slot or something. I could keep the functionality of the QWERTY (whose superiority over on-screens is not nearly as convincing as it used to be), plus add some very attractive features to geeks, business folks, power users, students, mediaphiles, etc...

/sunglasses off

My god... someone make an Droid-sized click-on-able keyboard/battery/storage thing for phone du jour! NAO!

Dude, you have read my mind. But you gotta include 2GB of ram to keep up with the jones!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the time a D5 comes out, we'll need 3+ gigs OF RAM.

For what? What do we even need 2 for? We aren't even using the hardware to the fullest capabilities now. We need to concentrate on software that will make use of 2 GB RAM before we start stuffing more hardware into these phones...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
For what? What do we even need 2 for? We aren't even using the hardware to the fullest capabilities now. We need to concentrate on software that will make use of 2 GB RAM before we start stuffing more hardware into these phones...

I didn't say I wanted it or we needed it, I just said it'll probably happen. Eventually. Ok, I might have said needed, but I meant that we'll have.

vpp8

Reaction score
  • 4.3 - 4.5 inch hd or qhd whatever fits
  • Quad core processor if not then a dual core should be fine
  • 8gb -16gb onboard memory plus sd slot
  • 1.5gb - 2gb of ram
  • 4.1 Jellybean or whatever the latest software is out by then
  • 4g lte
  • 2300 mah battery should be fine but if the maxx's battery was put in then that would be awesome
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • 12 mp camera with dual led flash but a 8mp led flash would be more realistic
  • Removable battery but if embedded its fine also
  • Hopefully will make it to other carriers outside of the U.S. (I live in Australia)
  • All of this in a case about 10-11.5mm thick to be realistic. I know how everyone wants it THIN as hell.

Would be my dream phone!
Attatched a mock up. Though its nothing special. Just the nexus razr concept slapped ontop of the photon q's keyboard haha

View attachment 53733

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I have to add is that the 5 better not be the photon Q with a slightly updated OS or feature. That phone sounds more like a droid 4.5.

But let me ask you all this. Google patented a slider with a trackpad... would you snatch up the 5 or wait to see if a nexus slider is released?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since i have a nexus ill see what moto has. But since i have a nexus running jb i don't need to rush into a bad decision. If the device motorola releases is not a game changer I am ok to wait.

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

r314bd

Reaction score
Since i have a nexus ill see what moto has. But since i have a nexus running jb i don't need to rush into a bad decision. If the device motorola releases is not a game changer I am ok to wait.
x2. I'd love to see a thinner D5 with an HD screen, but a locked bootloader non-Nexus device is a dealbreaker.

snowman

Reaction score
it should look like a dog pile, thats what the 4 is.
I'm on my fourth D4, , should have gotten the Samsung S3, this D-4 is junk
my old D-1 was and still is sweet just a slower processor
after the rap on these D4's they won't be able to give D5's away free

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its sad cuz razr maxx is a solid device. Thinking motorola rushed that phone out there after catching a little slack for the d3 not being lte device. Motorola has this pattern where they make a great phone then follow it with horrible phones. The razr flip phone was great for its time then motorola went into hibernation until the og droid. They actually did a better job build wise with the d2 and dx but blur got in the way. Infact people still have their dx. From there they shot themselves in the foot either with software or timing of the release (which im betting vzw is the culprit for most of the late releases) . Still motorola is still leading the pack with build quality. They need another phone that combines software, build, commercial, and released at the right time...perfect storm (ie og droid). Im really wondering what is in store for us in November ;)