[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 To Herald Samsung Design Strategy 3.0 with Aluminum Body

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-logo-long-thin.png

The dust has barely settled on the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, but now we are already hearing rumors about the Galaxy S5. Apparently, Samsung is working on a new Design Strategy 3.0 which will focus on the outside aesthetics of the device. Supposedly, Samsung may finally give up their slavish adherence to plastic and move to an all aluminum body. Of course, this is probably just some fanboy deep wishing run amok, so take this intel with a grain of salt. Still, if there is even a grain of truth to it, it will be interesting to see what Sammy cooks up next year. Of course, if this is true, it means one negative thing... the "next big thing" from Samsung will likely not have a removable battery.

What do you guys think?

Source: BGR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Even if this is a huge fake rumor, I wouldn't doubt that it happens. HTC made a killer phone and Samsung isn't going to stand by and let it happen. Using aluminum isn't copying them but it is taking a page from their book on aesthetics. I hope it happens too. I don't mind the polycarb backing on my S3 but the aluminum is sexy.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
losing the removable battery is a big negative though.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I prefer the plastic phones as they are way lighter. Plus most people use cases so what good is an aluminum phone if u don't see it? Also removable battery is a huge plus!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
There is nothing sexier than the iphone 5 aluminum body. However I just got my 1st samsung (s4) phone and I dont see any problems with the plastic case. I do with at least the sides were real aluminum though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
I prefer the plastic phones as they are way lighter. Plus most people use cases so what good is an aluminum phone if u don't see it? Also removable battery is a huge plus!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE Exactly. With a case, why does anyone care how sexy the material is???

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Everyone wants Aluminum Bodies for their phones but they encase them in plastic. iPhone is no exception.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I love my Note 2 and I am happy with the plastic although it would like a carbon fiber casing. I have a Carbon fiber back cover for my Note 2 and love the feel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, if it also has the flex screen going "nekkid" might be popular. I'm definitely no fan of cases - even the slim ones add a fair amount of bulk. But I'm less a fan of replacing broken phones.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read about the engineering hurdles that HTC had to overcome to produce an all aluminum body for their HTC One, and let me tell you, Samsung will have a major hurdle to overcome to get her done. Also, HTC has patented their design, so we'll see what Sammy does going forward.

swc2001

Reaction score
It goes into an otter box and never comes out..... sooo no big deal here!
Otter Box's FTW :biggrin:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they want a built in battery make it 4000+ mah

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I agree with a built-in battery make it larger. Just went into a RAZR max HD have no problem with built-in battery because it last two days.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with a built-in battery make it larger. Just went into a RAZR max HD have no problem with built-in battery because it last two days.

My co worker had plenty of problem's w that phone because of "freezes" that a battery pull would fix.. he's currently getting a replacement.. I personally would have more faith in Samsung than Motorola with a built in

Sent from my DROID BIONIC