Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry it took me so long its been crazy today so first off we will start with Verizon's hissy fit verizon in the meeting has stated (VZW executives only meeting) that moto/google is being unreasonable with there demands an are trying to usurp vzw by force (this is ur que for eye rolling) an is try to make all the profit.

One other executive states that there demands are reasonable since moto has provided huge profits for vzw an has put up with our crap (ie locked bootloaders ect.) An we should give back instead of take an take (applause everyone). This pretty much went back an forth for about 2 hrs untill they came up with there own counter demands -_- as follows

1. $1000 installments become $100 instalments
2. No chance in hell for unloacked bootloaders unless the person signs a waiver an pays an additional 20 a month for said unlocked device on there network (really vzw how cheap can u get)
2 developer phones can not be on the 2 yr contract program but u can purchase them through vzw at full retail (vzw gets 40% of the profits) an will warranty them

If they have to accept moto/googles demands
1 they demand moto drop the devices price by 15% (to off set certain cost cough cough installments)
2. Developer devices warranty only by manufacture
3. unlocked devices include a $30 support fee every month its activated on there network

Also they currently rethinking there demands these demands are only in brainstorming mode an not the final product moto/google are preparing there own counter attack but i wont know what they are till tomorrow so right now its only monday an way to early to tell whats going to happen but ill keep u posted

jayrod

Reaction score
Say what now???? In order for Moto to unlock our B/L , we will have to not only sign a waiver (that's a given), but we'd have to pay an additional monthly fee?????????? I hope I read that incorrectly!

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Sarge!

One question, Maybe im just out of the loop, what are the installments?

And yea monthly fee is just ridiculous. Theyre not going to have to support anything

jayman350

Reaction score
thanks for the info man, I really appreciate how much you and your contact are sticking your necks out there to get this info out to the masses.

I am in disbelief that VZW is going to require a monthly fee to unlock MY device that I have already paid for! I could understand a one time fee to unlock, void your warranty, etc. However, in order to fully utilize my device (as I want to) I need to fork over ANOTHER $30/month (whatever $ they decide on, it is too much) in addition to the monthly raping, yeah no thanks.

VZW is obviously drunk on power and think that they can do whatever they want (as they have for a while) b/c of their network. If Moto/Google can put a hard line in the sand on this one then maybe other manufacturers will join in. Although it always seems like VZW makes Moto their b!tch and lets other manufacturers off the hook easy.

Reaction score
Well then pffft to that. $1000 isnt even a drop in the proverbial bucket for verizon to fork over for a delay if it means more people buy new phones or they can add their bloat on. $100 is just trivializing it.

I think VZW is thinking they're still dealing with old Moto here and that theyll just roll over with the slightest push back. I think (hope) they have another thing coming.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
I don't think PS is going to take the BS there. Those seem like a ridiculous counter.

nateohio

Reaction score
chucknorris101 said:
Well then pffft to that. $1000 isnt even a drop in the proverbial bucket for verizon to fork over for a delay if it means more people buy new phones or they can add their bloat on. $100 is just trivializing it.

I think VZW is thinking they're still dealing with old Moto here and that theyll just roll over with the slightest push back. I think (hope) they have another thing coming.

Lets hope that's the case...I don't see how VZW says unlocked devices affect the infrastructure...there's nothing network wise that an unlocked phone can do that the bionic can't

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well u do have to realize these demands are only in there infancy an are subject to change also the $30 fee is to (que to roll ur eyes) to offset the installment cost an insurance for if the unlocked devices break there network or how ever they wan to say it to make the excuse valid

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
There really should be something the consumers can do aside from just sit and watch this greedy executive come up with more ways to rape us. I mean really come. I honestly hope google/Motorola doesn't give am inch and pulls out the big guns, i.e. threatening to stop even making vzw phones, that would probably get vzw's attention.

What its this whole installment thing tough this is the first I've heard of it

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
liftedplane said:
There really should be something the consumers can do aside from just sit and watch this greedy executive come up with more ways to rape us. I mean really come. I honestly hope google/Motorola doesn't give am inch and pulls out the big guns, i.e. threatening to stop even making vzw phones, that would probably get vzw's attention.

Moto wants $1000 installments for every day that vzw is at fault for delaying updates

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Wonder how far this conflict will go? Is Motorola/Google + Samsung going to stand their ground? Or fold like a cheap tent? It begs the question which side can take blows more.. Normally I would say VZW, but with Google backing Motorola that is unknown.

It amazes me how much VZW treats an unlocked device as Armageddon. Frankly I wish I had a button to reinstall VZ Navigator and similar ilk where the sun doesn't shine on VZW Exec that think this bloatware is needed or appreciated.

jayrod

Reaction score

It was brought up on Friday in the .244 thread. I honestly don't understand why I would have to pay extra for an unlocked B/L seeing as I am not on an unlimited plan and to be honest, I'm not sure there is going to be much work on the Dev end to create new kernels,etc. seeing as the Bionic is a year old and is old news.
I also think 100, or 1k is wayyyy to little to pay for a big company because a deadline was missed...maybe 100 per user of said device on network , but not just a flat fee.

I know these are preliminary but so far it sounds like VZW is missing the point that this isn't old Moto...it's Google...at least I hope it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.