Letter to Google.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I had Google's ear right now....or at least a rep this would be my plea...

Google.....I'm trying here. Yeah I will admit your tech support has been stellar so far but your execution has been straight up garbage. You have the tools to dominate. More and more are preferring the smooth Google experience over the competition. Yes Samsung may be the loudest and are bringing the eyes, but there is nothing like pure Google software. It works. Now I'll be fair and say no matter what company you buy a device there will always be bugs. The hope is that the bugs are minor and effect minimum amount of customers. But in the event that it is wide spread that is the beauty of a Nexus/Pixel device, the ability to push out a fix immediately to resolve the issue.

That is why we are here because otherwise both Apple and Samsung are putting out much nicer looking devices with the specs to go with it. Now you are getting better with the specs but are still lacking.

If you want to be the best you are going to have to package an industry leading device, with industry leading software and support, along with a system that allow people that want it to be able to buy it in a timely manner. Apple and Samsung have much larger demands and are able to meet them while you, as Google, are struggling with the little demand coming your way. I would hate to have to deal with Google where there really is a Samsung or Apple level demand, we will never get a chance to buy a phone.

Utilize more partnerships through selling through stores like Best Buy, both carrier and unlocked versions of the device. Most of all step up to the plate and take accountability for your device.

I have yet to see Apple pass of their customers to Samsung for a display issue so I suggest do the same and either handle the issue or have a better system in place that is less frustrating for the customer.

I am sure if I was a customer who had tried Google for the first time and had to go through the process I went through for support I would have left. I know that because the reason I am with Google is because I went through that with At&t and Apple and that sent me to VZW and the Droid.

Google, you have done a great job over the years building up the software where it is at now. You have helped change the game and we are now seeing Google continue to grow. But there are a group of people who have been with you from the beginning supporting nexus product after nexus product. Even when you yourselves gave up on Nexus the fans didn't and kept demanding and supporting the device. Now you are ready to take on the world with Pixel and you are asking us to come along and continue to support at a price level that is on par with Apple and Samsung. We are willing to do that but just realize that when you grow to that level and are able to command more money and respect, with it comes more expectations and responsibilities. And should you fail to meet them first we will call you out on it hoping you make the changes. But eventually if you fail to hear and go def toward those who are willing to support, you may have to bury that product permanently. No one want to pay Galaxy and Apple level prices and not get a similar experience.

Thank You and look forward to a more improved experience going forward.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually just emailed this to the rep handling my Nexus 6P issue. Hopefully it gets passed on to the higher ups. Not sure if it will have an impact or not but I remember when we were on here asking for the ability to uninstall pre-loaded apps, and we have seen some lead way with the ability to uninstall some apps. We asked for the ability for a nexus device that we can buy from Google and it work on all carriers and we got that with the Nexus 6P. There were more things that this community have asked for and have seen come to life. Hopefully in time we will see that come to fruition with Google devices in the future.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I'm with you except for the part about paying more for the Pixel device. I'll never buy that piece of garbage. Yes, Google jacked up their prices so they are on a par with Apple and Samsung, but they put out a subpar product. Just because a device has a high price tag, that doesn't make it a high end device. Google had a good thing going, up to and including the 6P. Now, they went rogue. They are trying to tell you what you should like, whether you like it or not. This is Apple's "winning" formula, and why people who don't like Apple people, call them "iSheep".:p:p:p