Verizon Starts Their Pre-Orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxyS3_devicesSharing1.png

Previously, Verizon promised they would start pre-orders for their version of the Samsung Galaxy S III on June 6th, and they have made good on that promise. You can head over to Verizon and setup a preorder for the SGS3 flagship now. The device is $199.99 for the 16GB version & $249.99 for the 32GB version. Don't forget to click directly to Verizon with the source link we provided below to get yours. Here's a quick refresh of some of the most interesting hardware features of this amazing new tech:
  • 4.8" 720p Super AMOLED display
  • 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 CPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • 8MP rear Camera (with a host of amazing features)
  • 1.9MP front
  • Gorilla Glass 2
  • 2100mAh battery
  • 4G LTE
Oddly, even though the Sprint & T-Mobile version will supposedly be coming June 21st, the Verizon website says their version will come "ship by" July 9th. That's a big window and seems to confirm a previous rumor we shared. Still, "ship by" doesn't necessarily mean "ship on", so perhaps it will come sooner.

Source: Verizon Wireless

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
They sure did and I preordered my 16gb Pebble Blue SIII at 7am this morning PST. Seriously, I am so excited. What an odd thing to get excited over. Maybe I have an unexciting life. :p

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
599 for the 16gig? Plus expandable storage.. Damn it, Verizon. Looks like you will be taking my money after all.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Just pre ordered over the phone. 16gb blue. I was able to dodge the upgrade fee of $30.00 and keep my unlimited data plan. I have never been one to pre order a cell or buy a brand new device. I figured why not. I'm hoping for an extended battery with a case like otter box that fits!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Jeyman

Reaction score
$599? sold, not even a question. I just want it to go on sale for amazon because I have $400 in gift cards to go to it. Might even snag the 32GB have yet to make up my mind. still have a little time I guess for amazon.(hope its soon!)

Reaction score
I can't upgrade till August, you think I would be eligible for an early upgrade and they'd let me pre order this?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just pre ordered over the phone. 16gb blue. I was able to dodge the upgrade fee of $30.00 and keep my unlimited data plan. I have never been one to pre order a cell or buy a brand new device. I figured why not. I'm hoping for an extended battery with a case like otter box that fits!

How did you dodge the $30? I upgraded online so there wasn't anyone to talk to. I did however see it let me keep my unlimited plan.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
How did you dodge the $30? I upgraded online so there wasn't anyone to talk to. I did however see it let me keep my unlimited plan.

I upgraded by calling customer service. My account has been with vzw for 10 yrs or more. I asked if they will waive the fee. They said OK. If they said no I was going to close my account that has 3 lines

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to pre-order at retail pricing?
Yes it is. Sign in, go back to main page, click the line you want to upgrade, and it will tell you that you can upgrade at full retail. 599 for 16, 650 for the 32gig. I am getting the 16gig. However, I am not going to pre-order. Driving 10minutes to the store on release day assures I get it day of, and possibly sooner than people who preordered it. Lots of pre-orders don't come first day.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Yes it is. Sign in, go back to main page, click the line you want to upgrade, and it will tell you that you can upgrade at full retail. 599 for 16, 650 for the 32gig. I am getting the 16gig. However, I am not going to pre-order. Driving 10minutes to the store on release day assures I get it day of, and possibly sooner than people who preordered it. Lots of pre-orders don't come first day.

I've read multiple threads that vzw may ship early because of the other major carriers releasing the S3 at the end of June and the target ship date of July 6th is a deadline they will ship by. This is all speculation I'm guessing. I hope they ship on time.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've read multiple threads that vzw may ship early because of the other major carriers releasing the S3 at the end of June and the target ship date of July 6th is a deadline they will ship by. This is all speculation I'm guessing. I hope they ship on time.

That would be awesome. If that speculation is confirmed before release day, I'll definitely pre-order it versus an in-store buy.