[Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 4, 2012.

1. zacedward

zacedward Member

Does anyone know if this phone has a blinking notification light for emails text etc. I know the Samsung droid charge don't
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Even thought the SIII has my attention, unless Samsung has figured out how to make decent CDMA and LTE radios, and they release an OEM extended battery that provides approximately the same battery life as the MAXX, I just don't know that I'd be able to make the switch. The Galaxy Nexus - which is a great device, but a poor phone - left a bad taste in my mouth for Samsung smartphones on Verizon...and it was already pretty bad after the Charge. Global GSM capabilities along with radios that are at least on par with HTC (I'd love radios close to the quality of Motorola, but I'll settle for HTC) would really make me think things over though.
  3. mkhannah

mkhannah New Member

That's great for those comfortable (have faith) in the phone not having any hardware and/or software issues. So far I've seen no reviews/tests with the American version. Coming from an OG Droid, I assume I will thrilled with it. But since I don't quite think I have the faith to pre-order, can you or anyone answer these questions?
    1. For those paying full price to keep unlimited, will Verizon have a different monthly payment plan vs a subsidized purchase? Such $20/mon vs $30/mon. I think having to pay the full monthly price even though I paid the full price to be wrong. As someone who reads Stop the Cap!, I shouldn't be surprised by this if it is the case.
    2. If I contact Verizon directly, how can I know the answer is trustworthy? Should I contact, specifically, a certain someone or a certain department for answers?
    Thanks...
  4. mkhannah

mkhannah New Member

Yes, it does.
    1 person likes this.
  5. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Preorder, is just that a preorder, nothing more nothing less, once your new device is activated that's when your new two year contract takes effect, unless of course you buy the phone outright at full price and just continue your current unlimited data plan.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums
  6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

7. zacedward

zacedward Member

Great thanks
  8. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Tarts or no, the information is correct. It's 4GB for $30 a month until the double data promotion ends...and it ends tomorrow. The Galaxy SIII happens to go up for pre-order on Thursday, the day after the double data offer comes to a close. So, for those interested in starting a new contract to get the the SIII, it will indeed be 2GB for $30 a month.
  9. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

I'm getting this. Paying full retail, sadly.. Hopefully it's not sold out by like 12-2pm or so.
  10. Chaz08

Chaz08 New Member

Damn. Good thing i'm just upgrading ;)
  11. npro1464

npro1464 Member

I have a question: does anyone know if it can be rooted? Is the bootloader locked? Usually, Samsung is great about this, but VZ has forced manufacterers to lock up their phones. I know the Rezound took a while to get s-off, and Htc is good with opening their devices to devs.

The Euro one already has been rooted and is unlocked. Wondering if the VZ phone is the same thing.
  12. MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL Member

Thinking of jumping from my R2-D2 to this. I won't know what to do!
  13. jwalz

jwalz New Member

The phone goes up for pre or elder tomorrow Wednesday the 6th
    Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2
  14. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

15. mgrande

mgrande Member

And that's the global model. I would think with 4g, s4, and 2gb of ram it would be much less.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I would wanna see it compared to the regular RAZR instead...since the Maxx has that huge battery in it. Or even the Rezound. The Rezound has a 1600 mAh battery....thats 500 mAh less than the one in the GS3. I dont think 500mAh extra would equal 2 hours more talk time. So it looks to me like the GS3 does good so far. Granted this is the GSM version? That G Nex on the list is the GSM version...and has better battery life than the Verizon one. Alot better.

Forgot thats also quad core in the GS3 in that article..vs some dual core phones with similar battery sizes......to me I think it holds up real nice vs the other phones. That last line from the article sees it like I do.. So ppl thinking quad core was gonna be this bigger battery drainer, shoulda saw that since it really wasnt going from single to dual core it was gonna be more or less the same this time.

No one can really compare any phone to the RAZR Maxx because of that huge battery. One would need extended batteries for a fairer comparison. And the US one will have the S4. Would be real interested in the battery life differences between the 2 phones.