Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III Pre-Orders Already Start Arriving Earlier Than Expected

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxys3-verizon-arrived.png

Sometimes Verizon really does go out of their way to take care of their customers. In a classic case of under-promising, yet over-delivering, many Verizon customers are already receiving their Samsung Galaxy S III preorders far earlier than expected. For the most part over the past few weeks, Verizon has been pushing back the ship-by date of the SGS3. It eventually ended up pegged for a July 12th timeframe. Yet, here we are on July 5th, and several users are reporting that they have already received their Samsung Galaxy S III pre-orders. In fact, we have a pic from one of our users, Chris215, showing off his shiny new SGS3!

Sound off if in the "Official I've Got My Galaxy S3 Thread" if you are one of the lucky ones who already got yours! DancingNexus DancingNexus DancingNexus

Source: DroidForums.net - SGS3 Section

Last edited:

jfe

Reaction score
Rats, now I am going to be waiting for the UPS/Fed Ex dude to show up

Nealius

Reaction score
Wonder if the new ban on the Nexus is causing this early push.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Mine shipped from PA, but since I'm in CA, it will be here on the 9th according to the tracking. Oh well, just a few more days.

Xarpolis

Reaction score
Mine will be in tomorrow's FedEx shipment.

trackinginformation.png

Exciting times.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Looks like everyone's S3 went out the same day. You just happen to live close to PA. I live in CA and will get mine on the 9th.

Smeech

Reaction score
His shipped July 3rd, mine shipped July 5th...getting it the 9th as well. I ordered it on 6/12 though.

skennelly

Reaction score
Very smart on Verizon's part. AT&T and Sprint both made a promise they couldn't keep. I am sure that they had some upset/disappointed customers.

64nxgall

Reaction score
Got mine this morning

My Slll showed up at my door around 10am today. Took most of the day for VZW to figure out how to activate it since they have no clue what they are doing half the time, but I am up and running now.

jseah

Reaction score
His shipped July 3rd, mine shipped July 5th...getting it the 9th as well. I ordered it on 6/12 though.

I ordered on the 12th as well. However, until last night checking the order status showed order being processed. This morning, I checked the status and now it looks like the order has been processed, but has not be shipped yet. Courier field is blank, and status says that it will ship by 7/9.

Xarpolis

Reaction score
My phone came in yesterday and it's glorious.

I also had a problem with activation, but that's only because I didn't read the instructions.

Verizon requires you to CALL THEM from your house phone to verify that you did receive your product (and that someone didn't steal it), for them to unlock it. Otherwise, you'll try auto-activating forever with no luck.

You need to call in first (The #'s in the red folder that has the SIM card for your phone) and all is good after that.

Valvoline

Reaction score
I got mine, but im not home to enjoy it! My mother in law accepted the package while im at the beach!