Verizon's Release Date Slips to July 10 for their Version of the Samsung Galaxy S III

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs3-slips-to-july10.png

Here's some news that many of us don't really want to hear. For some reason, the final ship date of Verizon's version of the Samsung Galaxy S III has slipped to July 10th instead of the 9th. Yes, it is just one day, but that will be more excruciatingly antsy day of waiting, especially considering that all the other major carriers are getting their SGS3 on June 21st. We have no idea why it has slipped, but it is probably something to do with Verizon's vetting process for all their phones. Either that or they don't want the ship date to be too close to some other product launch, although that is pure speculation, since we have heard nothing about any other high-end phones coming soon. Share your theories.

Source: VZW

locofocos

Reaction score
I imagine it's going to be bait to get many people off their unlimited plans. Every other carrier is releasing it about a week before the "Share Nothing" plans go live, and Verizon decides to wait until afterwards? There's no other motivation I can see for them to do that.

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
Or maybe it's so you get your phone on the day it comes out in stores(July 12th) to piss off their customers even more!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I imagine it's going to be bait to get many people off their unlimited plans. Every other carrier is releasing it about a week before the "Share Nothing" plans go live, and Verizon decides to wait until afterwards? There's no other motivation I can see for them to do that.

Well, I don't see how shipping it one day later will affect the folks with unlimited data... if they've pre-ordered before June 28, they get to keep unlimited anyway. Maybe it's to keep people from trading it in for something else? July 10 would be pretty close to 14 days after June 28, when shared data begins. And they have a 14-day exchange policy.

Mule65

Reaction score
I've waited long enough and just preordered one!

Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB in White1$199.99

UPGRADE FEE$30.00

Discount - New every two-$80.00

Your Plan
AMERICAS CHOICE PRI SHARE 400 ANYTIME UNLTD IN-NET $39.99 2Y 0404

Plan Features
TXT MSG W PER MSG CHARGES
STREAMLINED BILLING - $0
INTERNATIONAL DIAL ALLOWED-$0
MESSAGE WAITING INDICATOR
M2M NATL PRIMARY UNLIM - $0
DECLINE EQUIPMENT PROTECTION
CALLER ID
BUSY TRANSFER
3-WAY CALLING
CALL DELIVERY
CALL WAITING
NO ANSWER TRANSFER
CALL FORWARDING
BASIC VOICE MAIL - $0
OTA SOFTWAREUPDATE-$0.00
250 MSG CAMERA $5
EMAIL & WEB UNLIMITED $29.99
SDM REMOTE QUERY ENABLED
VERIZON APPS $0
4G DATA TRANSPORT
DATA ROAM USA/CANADA
RTR FOR UNLIMITED PLANS $0
TEXT MESSAGING
DYNAMIC-PRIVATE IP
4G INTERNET ACCESS
4G APPLICATION ACCESS
CONSUMER PDA

Additional Items

DFILLSIM3FF-A$0.00

Shipping Fee$0.00

horiz_divider.gif

horiz_divider.gif

NOTE: Your first bill may include charges for a partial month of service in addition to your first full month's access charge, billed one month in advance.
Order Subtotal Today$ 149.99
Sales Tax*$ 10.91
Shipping$ 0.00
Order Total Today$ 160.90
Total Monthly Charges**$ 74.98

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if it has to do with Apple, and them trying to ban Samsung phones.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with Apple, and them trying to ban Samsung phones.

Nope. Apple's injunction request against the SGS3 was thrown out by the judge. Also, the other three carriers are getting their SGS3 on June 21st, so it can only be an internal decision by Verizon.

calscott

Reaction score
I still can't decide if I should pre-order the Galaxy S III or wait and see what the razr hd has to offer. Decisions, decisions. I guess I have till the 28th to decide. :unsure:

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I still can't decide if I should pre-order the Galaxy S III or wait and see what the razr hd has to offer. Decisions, decisions. I guess I have till the 28th to decide. :unsure:

Yes, I'm faced with the same dilemma. I'm only waiting until the 25th (payday), however. If there's some official announcement from VZW or Moto about the Razr HD, I would consider waiting. But I'm already pretty sold on the SGS3, AND pretty miffed at Moto for not acknowledging the Razr HD/Fighter/Vanquish. So I can't risk losing unlimited data to wait for a phone that only exists in speculation, rumors, and "could be photoshopped" images.

calscott

Reaction score
Yes, I'm faced with the same dilemma. I'm only waiting until the 25th (payday), however. If there's some official announcement from VZW or Moto about the Razr HD, I would consider waiting. But I'm already pretty sold on the SGS3, AND pretty miffed at Moto for not acknowledging the Razr HD/Fighter/Vanquish. So I can't risk losing unlimited data to wait for a phone that only exists in speculation, rumors, and "could be photoshopped" images.

yeah I'm leaning towards the SGS3 too. Plus I don't think I want to wait till "late summer" for the razr hd, which would probably be late August.

AndyMan

Reaction score
guys, use your upgrade, keep your unlimited data (if you have it) sell siii on ebay, save money till a phone comes out you want, buy it at retail.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Or just add a line to get the phone later, use the upgrade to get the SIII and sell it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

SiGfever

Reaction score
I am hoping Verizon is throwing a curve ball at the competition to keep them guessing while delivering quicker than reported.