[Rumor] And the Roller-coaster Begins... July 9th is First Rumored VZW Date for SGS3

jseah

Reaction score
When I pre-ordered two at Best Buy today, their computers had an estimated release date of June 28th.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on when your contract renewal date is and not when you receive the phone. I'm going to make sure my renewal date is before the rumored date. If that is how they are going to play it, I'm going to go get a Galaxy Nexus and just return it before the 30 days is up.

I thought they changed their return policy to just 14 days?

Alternatively, you can use your upgrade on the newest phone out their, sell it new on EBAY, and then use the proceeds to buy the SG3. It will still cost you more, but you should be able to save $200 anyway.

huehuehue

Reaction score
looks like the rumor was true... Verizon's preorder shipping date is July 9th

although it's pretty funny that the confirmation email says it is shipping today. which I know isn't actually going to happen.

Last edited:

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered mine and my confirmation states that it will ship "by June 6th"..which I am foolishly hoping is true!!!

The good news is that my existing unlimited data plan is included!!! Now the wait begins.....

Last edited:

urklegrue

Reaction score
My ship by date actually says 6/6/2012, which is obviously wrong, but gave me about a tenth of a second of happiness before I realized it was wrong.

urklegrue

Reaction score
The Verizon website made the choice for me, as only blue was available when I went through my account to order.

The longer story is that at first the phone didn't come up at all but when I went back an hour later both versions of blue were there. This was going in through upgrading on the account, not through the landing page. When I went that way it wouldn't let me transfer the upgrade from one line to the other.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a comparison chart that details some of the specs of each device.

As much as I love my Nexus, the SIII is better in every single aspect except for the UI and hardware keys. Why the heck Sammy chose to go with hardware keys is beyond me. That's my one and only gripe about this phone. I love that it comes sd card compatible AND comes stock with a 2100mah battery. Add a stellar camera which the Nexus is lacking and 1.5ghz S4 and this thing is a freaking beast. People will cry foul about Touchwiz, but Samsung devices are pretty much developer devices anyway, being the most friendly for developers. This will be the phone of the year and development is going to be huge. CM and AOKP are going to have fun with this.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This will be the phone of the year and development is going to be huge. CM and AOKP are going to have fun with this.

I just hope development for the Galaxy Nexus doesn't take a major hit once the SIII is released. If it does, I may have to jump ship...and I absolutely love my G-nex! :unsure:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just hope development for the Galaxy Nexus doesn't take a major hit once the SIII is released. If it does, I may have to jump ship...and I absolutely love my G-nex! :unsure:

Agreed. I think it will be fine though, there's a huge Gnex base that isn't going anywhere.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Thank you!!! I was wondering if it was just hype.
i was wrong about the scree being better, its just a bigger screen but same type. well thats what i gathered from the comparison chart. but everything else its a complete monster.