[Rumor] And the Roller-coaster Begins... July 9th is First Rumored VZW Date for SGS3

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs3.png

Some of you folks may remember the many Verizon launch date rumor fiascos we have experienced in the past. We have seen several different "solid launch date" quotes from internet sources, on a multitude of devices from the Droid Charge to the Galaxy Nexus. The rumored dates usually come and go keeping us all anxious and antsy, then ultimately, after causing weeks of hair-pulling frustration, they let us down.

Today, we have the potential beginnings of just such a rumor roller-coaster with the Samsung Galaxy S III. There is a new rumor floating that the SGS3 will be officially hitting Verizon store shelves on July 9th. The pre-orders for the Verizon SGS3 start on June 6th, which would put the July 9th ship date pretty far out. Additionally, AT&T and T-Mobile have indicated that their launch date for the phone will be June 21st. We must ask the question, why would VZW wait over two weeks after the other carriers to launch their version?

Still, stranger things have happened, and we felt it was worth it to give you guys a heads-up, if only so we can remind you to patiently observe instead of letting the rumor-mongering frenzy get you frazzled.

We will keep an eye on this one for you, but for now, stand by until we can get confirmation at some point.

Source: S3Forums.com via Droid-Life

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If it is postponed, my money is on some new Motorola phone coming out. Verizon tends to favor Motorola.

npro1464

Reaction score
If we pre-order and wait til July 9th, and the rumored date of July 1 is when they stop offering granfathered data, will those of us who pre-ordered be safe?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If we pre-order and wait til July 9th, and the rumored date of July 1 is when they stop offering granfathered data, will those of us who pre-ordered be safe?

I think it depends on when your contract renewal date is and not when you receive the phone. I'm going to make sure my renewal date is before the rumored date. If that is how they are going to play it, I'm going to go get a Galaxy Nexus and just return it before the 30 days is up.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it is postponed, my money is on some new Motorola phone coming out. Verizon tends to favor Motorola.

I am thinking the s3 well be out before the rumored Motorola "vanquish".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I am thinking the s3 well be out before the rumored Motorola "vanquish".

Don't say that!! Lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Where did you get a rumored date of July 1st?? I've been saying July to September, but that's just a hunch.
I'm leaning towards August to September.

One thing I'm fairly sure of...Verizon will give us plenty of forewarning before they implement this change.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't say that!! Lol

Seems more likely since Vzw has a pre order date for the s3 and the "vanquish" is still a rumor for all we know.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You're right, that's a definite, but I still want the vanquish to drop drop soon lol.
But who knows, the S3 could drop very soon, and the vanquish may too. But its doubtful. Wishful thinking lol.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me... Verizon always does this with their flagship phones. I hated having to look every morning to see if the thunderbolt was coming out that day... Than I did the same thing for the Nexus couple months ago. Glad I wont be dealing with it this time around :happy3:

Dolphin

Reaction score
I think it depends on when your contract renewal date is and not when you receive the phone. I'm going to make sure my renewal date is before the rumored date. If that is how they are going to play it, I'm going to go get a Galaxy Nexus and just return it before the 30 days is up.

I have seen you and others post something like this that you will buy one phone then if the new Moto Droid comes out in 30 days return the other and get that phone and keep unlimited data. I don't know how Verizon does this type of thing but I the company I work for handles att customer care calls and this is how att does it. If you return you phone in the 30 days we reverse your upgrade and then process another upgrade for you. Done that way I don't know if you would be able to keep the unlimited data like you think you can. Check with verizon before you do this so you know what you are getting into first.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Reading that almost made me go blind. It looks bad on tapatalk. But I hope this phone comes out soon. A month long pre order seems a tad long. The iPhone pre orders are usually a week maybe 2 at the most.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's smart, Vzw doing that helps build hype. They just need to capture it at the right moment. Wait too late and people move on. though I believe a lot of the hype it's built up by us reading rumors and basically showing ourselves to get hooked on a rumor