Verizon Starts Their Pre-Orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yes it is. Sign in, go back to main page, click the line you want to upgrade, and it will tell you that you can upgrade at full retail. 599 for 16, 650 for the 32gig. I am getting the 16gig. However, I am not going to pre-order. Driving 10minutes to the store on release day assures I get it day of, and possibly sooner than people who preordered it. Lots of pre-orders don't come first day.

Thanks. I was thinking along the same line. Plus, we'll here from users that did receive theirs early.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've read multiple threads that vzw may ship early because of the other major carriers releasing the S3 at the end of June and the target ship date of July 6th is a deadline they will ship by. This is all speculation I'm guessing. I hope they ship on time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This is Verizon we're talking about here. Though they may pleasantly surprise us for once.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SiGfever

Reaction score
Pre-ordered my Blue 16GB today at 7am. Shipping July 9. Here is email from Verizon...

Quote:

"Important information about your Samsung Galaxy S III
Congratulations and thank you for your Samsung Galaxy S III purchase. We know that you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new phone.
Unfortunately, our original confirmation email to you contained an incorrect Ship By Date of June 6; the actual ship date for your order is July 9.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless."

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Ordered one for myself and one for the wife this morning. (both 16GB blue)
I wasn't able to use my 21% company discount, but I was able to use the $30 "new every two" credit that I had from last year, for my device. I was not charged a $30 dollar upgrade fee for either phone though. (I'm pretty sure that's only applies if you upgrade in store, as opposed to online, but I can't say for sure) Seems that for no rhymre or reason, some people are being charged while others are not.
Pretty psyched though.....can't wait to have it in hand! Gonna be a loooong month. :biggrin:

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah i ordered the 16gb white version since i already have a 32gb memory card, i didn't myself getting the 32gb version. I hope the white one looks good maybe i should have got the blue one. But this will be my 1st fathers day and so I wanted to treat myself :icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ lala:. So bring on the phone vzw/sammy, im hoping we all get it before july 9th.

astokes

Reaction score
I havent really kept up on the specs but what no Exynos on the US version?

phillyphill39

Reaction score
I havent really kept up on the specs but what no Exynos on the US version?

Nope we get more ram in place. I think it had something to do with the late radios. But its the only 1.5 dual core phone out so its still a powerhouse

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I upgraded by calling customer service. My account has been with vzw for 10 yrs or more. I asked if they will waive the fee. They said OK. If they said no I was going to close my account that has 3 lines

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
No you were not going to cancel your account over a $30 fee, and you know it.:biggrin:

Valvoline

Reaction score
Ordered one for myself and one for the wife this morning. (both 16GB blue)
I wasn't able to use my 21% company discount, but I was able to use the $30 "new every two" credit that I had from last year, for my device. I was not charged a $30 dollar upgrade fee for either phone though. (I'm pretty sure that's only applies if you upgrade in store, as opposed to online, but I can't say for sure) Seems that for no rhymre or reason, some people are being charged while others are not.
Pretty psyched though.....can't wait to have it in hand! Gonna be a loooong month. :biggrin:

Same here, missed the company discount, but no upgrade fees for me either, and.....still on unlimited data on 4g, ooooohhhhh snap!

geoff5093

Reaction score
I want the Galaxy S III, but I'm not going to pre-order it a month in advance. I'll wait until it's released so I can try it in store for myself to make sure I want it.

77Pat

Reaction score
Might go in store to see if they will let me upgrade early. I believe my upgrade is around July 22nd (I am a secondary line on a family plan and #upg says it is unavailable at this time).

My Droid X is showing it's age and I am hoping to lock in unlimited data.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Anyone know the physical dimensions of this beast? Looks a lot bigger than my OG Droid I am looking to replace. Thanks!

Edit - Found them:
[h=6]Dimensions[/h]
  • Dimensions: 5.4” x 2.8” x .3”
  • Weight: 4.7 oz.

Last edited: