[Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs3-official-pre-order.png

[Update]
If you Pre-order the Galaxy SIII From Verizon, you get to keep your unlimited data plan according to Droid-Life

We reached out to Verizon’s PR team and they confirmed to us that if you pre-order the device, even at the subsidized $199 or $249 prices, that you will get to keep your unlimited data package (assuming you have one now). If you are a new customer or are adding a line, you would be subject to the $30 per month, 2GB tier.

We aren’t exactly sure what will happen to those of you that do not pre-order and wait until the phone is actually launched, as there is a chance that Verizon will have kicked off their shared data plans by then. If that is the case, you may have to accept one of their new shared data tiers if you choose to buy the phone at a discounted rate at that time.

As a follow-up to eDogNights excellent find yesterday regarding the Samsung Galaxy S III's official announcement for five U.S. carriers, we have a Verizon specific Galaxy S III story. Thanks to several tipsters, including bp328i and Caesars, the Galaxy S III will be available for preorder on Big Red on June 6th. The price is also nice. The phone will only run $199.99 on a new two-year contract (many of us expected $250 to $300). It's almost here folks!

Make sure to hit up the Verizon source link below to preorder yours!

Source: Verizon Wireless - Samsung Galaxy S III Pre-Order

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome for galaxy fans.. looks like a solid device :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dang that's a big display!!! And some of these features could be interesting

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised by the price. However, just so that you know, the price is actually $199.99 + $30.00 (device upgrade fee) = 229.99. :biggrin:

musclemilk

Reaction score
how long does it typically take to get the phone after pre order?

Has any website done an official review?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
About time. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
I can't wait for this, unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November... I'm debating paying retail price for this.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This device has me looking at it seriously as a possible replacement for my sons bionic.

Kboss375

Reaction score
I can't wait for this, unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November... I'm debating paying retail price for this.

I'm in the same boat with my Thunderbolt. I love it..but I think I'm ready to move on.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Does anyone know what expected battery life will be? It will be tough leaving the razr maxx with such great battery life. I know galaxy has smaller, but is it possible to run more efficient?

77Pat

Reaction score
Wonder if it being released on all carriers forced the $199 price or if the $299 price point was not as successful. With these specs it would be hard to justify any phone at the $299 price, unless it is like the note. I am due for an upgrade soon, and this might be it. I was hoping there would be more information out on the Vanquish by now.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
So, I will be able to renew my contract with unlimited data if I order it soon, right?

Also, does anyone know if it will only be available in white initially? I was looking forward to buying the blue one.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Come payday, June 25...I will buy either this phone or the Droid Fighter if it is out. I'm leaning towards the Galaxy, because its screen is 4.8" vs 4.6" for the Fighter/HD. Either one will be a sweet upgrade from the Droid X.

2ns

Reaction score
Does preordering keep the verizon clerk from getting their commission? I always deal with the same woman and I don't want her to lose it?