[Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does preordering keep the verizon clerk from getting their commission? I always deal with the same woman and I don't want her to lose it?

Pre order through her, then she'll get the 25$ in her bucket.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

npro1464

Reaction score
Woo!! $200 for this beast is a steal!

Does anyone know if the VZ version can be rooted? I know the UK one has already been rooted and has an unlocked bootloader.

2ns

Reaction score
I'm going to talk to her, I think I'd rather have the note but haven't seen a real one. I also don't want to miss out on one of these two phones before the end of unlimited. I wonder if I can preorder then not take it if they come out with the note, though that is looking unlikely.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anyone know what expected battery life will be? It will be tough leaving the razr maxx with such great battery life. I know galaxy has smaller, but is it possible to run more efficient?

Even if it does run fairly efficiently, the battery life will not touch the battery life on the MAXX. I'd love to see Samsung come out with an extended battery that gets it closer to the MAXX though.

If this has GSM functionality enabled out of the box, along with decent battery life, I might just consider selling my RAZR MAXX and picking this up...

...maybe.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I will be able to renew my contract with unlimited data if I order it soon, right?

Also, does anyone know if it will only be available in white initially? I was looking forward to buying the blue one.
Contract renewals will go to Tiered Data plans, by the time this phone comes out Verizon will have the Tiered data packages full go, they said this Summer, well June is Summer.

npro1464

Reaction score
Contract renewals will go to Tiered Data plans, by the time this phone comes out Verizon will have the Tiered data packages full go, they said this Summer, well June is Summer.

If we pre-order it though, wouldn't we get in before the grandfathered goes away? They haven't even officially announced it. Last year, they set a date and gave us like a good full months notice, so I think VZ will do the same again this time.

hyisbm

Reaction score

this is not what I want to hear. What's the possibility that Verizon is trying to pull a fast one with the release date & starting tiered data packages? I still have two lines that are still on 3G and have absolutely no idea what to do right now.

huehuehue

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure when we preorder the phone come June 6th that we would be renewing our contract at that time too, right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I've never preordered a phone before)

If that is true, we'd be able to keep our unlimited plan.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

They said towards the end of summer if memory serves.

This phone and the next moto release will both be safe from the tiered data slam... call it a hunch. Of.course I could be wrong... it happened once :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm pretty sure when we preorder the phone come June 6th that we would be renewing our contract at that time too, right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I've never preordered a phone before)

That's the way i see it...

huskur

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy SIII is a game changer for me. I may give the Maxx up for this phone........

huskur

Reaction score
I can't wait for this, unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November... I'm debating paying retail price for this.

I will pay full retail and recoup my $$$ from my Razr Maxx when I sell it. I love the display on this thing and it should be a stellar device!!

phillyphill39

Reaction score
looks like ill be picking this bad boy up, now i have to find someone to take on my nexus.

If you havent checked the preorder page check that and click the coverage map for each carrier I found it pretty amusing.

mbkintner

Reaction score

New contract starts when the phone is activated. Not when it's ordered.

Chaz08

Reaction score
I called verizon yesterdsy to see about an extra early upgrade for when the sg3 launched. She told me that I would definitely be able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan with the upgrade.