Verizon Finally Confirms Usage-Based Data Plans Coming July 7th

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I dumped Verizon nearly a year ago for T-Mo only to got to AT&T because of coverage. On Verizon I got to 4.95GB one month but that was using tethering. Now with AT&T I can barely get to 2GB and I stream 4-5HRS a day at work to listen to XM and a Sports Channel out of my market.

If people want unlimited there will always be away. I was able to get Unlimited data on AT&T with easy. However, if Sprint drops unlimited then it will be harder. With Sprint the only large carrier left it is still unlikely they grow much. T-Mobile ridiculous claim of Unlimited now to save on AT&T and Verizon by large amounts is a joke. Throttling at 200MB is not unlimited because EDGE doesn't get you much.

jseah

Reaction score
That is a great suggestion. We will keep our eyes open. I was told the 14 days started when the phone was actually activated [hope that is true]. IT is being shipped to me and I have to send it to her (insured for full value of course)

If we bought online do we have to swap out online or can she go to a store - Assume the difference in price would play in as well? Well I can research that. Don't want to dereail the thread which was about the July 7 date.

Technically, if you purchased online from Verizon, you can go to a Verizon corporate store to return/exchange. I say technically because the Verizon corporate store may tell you that you cannot return it to the store and have to return it online, even though this is not true. The problem is that any returns (even warranty returns because the phone is defective) count negatively against the store's numbers so they will do all they can to not have to deal with your return.

jseah

Reaction score
That is a great suggestion. We will keep our eyes open. I was told the 14 days started when the phone was actually activated [hope that is true]. IT is being shipped to me and I have to send it to her (insured for full value of course)

If we bought online do we have to swap out online or can she go to a store - Assume the difference in price would play in as well? Well I can research that. Don't want to dereail the thread which was about the July 7 date.

Technically, if you purchased online from Verizon, you can go to a Verizon corporate store to return/exchange. I say technically because the Verizon corporate store may tell you that you cannot return it to the store and have to return it online, even though this is not true. The problem is that any returns (even warranty returns because the phone is defective) count negatively against the store's numbers so they will do all they can to not have to deal with your return.

If you are shipping the phone to her in another location, she can return it to any corporate store where she lives to exchange it for the Droid 3, however, you need to make sure that she is set up on your Verizon account as an account manager (and have the account password which you set up).