Current Verizon Subscribers Get To Keep Their Unlimited Data Plan Afterall?

kazuaki

Reaction score
I currently have a Blackberry and I'm on the "Unlimited Email & Web
for BlackBerry" plan for $29.99/mo. If I upgrade to a Droid phone after 7/7, do you think I will be able to keep unlimited data, or is going from Blackberry unlimited to smartphone unlimited going to screw me? I would upgrade now, but I've been holding off for the Droid 3.

SonRK

Reaction score
Still wondering if I should pick up someone's Charge over ebay to be put on LTE just in case they don't let you do a 3G -> 4G unlimited later on

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I'm thinking about that too. That or the Revolution. Thunderbolt or Charge should be cheaper tho. Thunderbolt has to be the cheapest.

I think I might play the 'long time customer is confused' card if it turns out you cant do 3G to 4G.

Insidious

Reaction score
I got my mom a Droid X2 last night so she could take advantage of unlimited data, and even the Verizon sales guy agreed that its alot more economical is lock into unlimited 3g/4g while you can. Btw the X2 is SWEET!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I hope we hear something officially (like press statement) from vzw soon.

I really want to wait for either the Bionic or GS2 but don't want to switch data plans. Hoping the you get to keep unlimited for now if you have it is true.

kazuaki

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?

I currently have a Blackberry and I'm on the "Unlimited Email & Web for BlackBerry" plan for $29.99/mo. If I upgrade to a Droid phone after 7/7, do you think I will be able to keep unlimited data, or is going from Blackberry unlimited to smartphone unlimited going to screw me? I would upgrade now, but I've been holding off for the Droid 3.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?

I currently have a Blackberry and I'm on the "Unlimited Email & Web for BlackBerry" plan for $29.99/mo. If I upgrade to a Droid phone after 7/7, do you think I will be able to keep unlimited data, or is going from Blackberry unlimited to smartphone unlimited going to screw me? I would upgrade now, but I've been holding off for the Droid 3.

I would say ask a Verizon rep but I've heard Blackberry data is different from smartphone data but I'm not 100% positive.