[UPDATE]Motorola Olympus shows up on camera....again.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Looks like a samsung. Not my cup of tea.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

And the Samsung is copying the iPhone...there are only so many ways to make a slab style smart phone. At least Motorola has finally figured out how to get a camera into a device without requiring a bump at the end.

IMO the packaging on this device looks great - solid and classic.

bd1212

Reaction score
Something I just noticed! The button layout (menu, home, back, search) is the same as the DX... if I get this phone, I won't need to learn a new button layout (which is a huge pain for about a week)!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol....Thats funny. Sad and funny at the same time...lol

I can understand companies wanting their phone to be different by using custom UI's....but custom button layouts too?

Hey, thats a plus for us X owners anyway tho...lol

andrew53517

Reaction score
If Gingerbread drops tonight, I wonder if they'll update it to 2.3 before release?

creaky

Reaction score
Gingerbread in this device would make sense as it evidently takes advantage of dual-core technology. Bring it!

BigMace23

Reaction score
Gingerbread in this device would make sense as it evidently takes advantage of dual-core technology. Bring it!

Is it? Cause just skimming through all of the news I haven't seen anything to confirm this. Plus the Nexus S is single core, and gingerbread was built around that phone.... so whens honeycomb coming?

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Honeycomb is most likely where it supports it. Also, it might be launching with 2.2 with Motorola's skin. Though depending on how fast they work, it might come with 2.3- we'll see.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Is it? Cause just skimming through all of the news I haven't seen anything to confirm this. Plus the Nexus S is single core, and gingerbread was built around that phone.... so whens honeycomb coming?

Honeycomb will make it's first appearance on the Motorola "Stingray" (Tablet)

BigMace23

Reaction score

Honeycomb will make it's first appearance on the Motorola "Stingray" (Tablet)

That's coming Q1 2011 also right? And we know honeycomb will definitely have support for dual-core devices, but will it strictly be a tablet os or will it be for phones too? Haha gingerbread just got released and we're already talking about honeycomb!

2005CTS

Reaction score

Honeycomb is most likely where it supports it. Also, it might be launching with 2.2 with Motorola's skin. Though depending on how fast they work, it might come with 2.3- we'll see.

I would be shocked if the Etna/Olympus launched with 2.3. Given how close we are to CES - I suspect that this phone is already in production. I fully expect an AT&T launch the week of or right after CES - which given the holiday shipping delays - means it would need to be in their distribution networks by Christmas at the latest...which means Motorola is surely ramping up production on the device now. Of course I am speaking of the GSM model for AT&T. The LTE device on Verizon might launch with 2.3 given the fact that it most likely isn't in production yet and will be launched a month or so after AT&T's device.

Just my $.02.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Andy Rubin while demonstrating the new Moto Tablet just said this:

7:39PM "So here we have Google Maps. It's not quite out yet. I have it in SF. I just did a search. I can zoom in. As I zoom in you see I have more detail... taking advantage of 3D processing power. This is a NVIDIA processor, a dual core 3D processor." Whoa, he just tilted into 3D view on the buildings.
7:39PM "So what we're showing off is some pretty cool performance. Again, about to launch. It'll be on cellphones in a matter of days."

Can we say Motorola Olympus!?!?!?!?!?!

2005CTS

Reaction score
o here is the list of speakers tomorrow:

D: Dive Into Mobile continues all day Tuesday, with speakers that include: Dan Hesse, President and CEO of Sprint Nextel; Mike Lazaridis, co-CEO of Research in Motion; Mike McCue, CEO of Flipboard; Joe Belfiore, Vice President of Windows Phone Program Management at Microsoft; Jon Rubinstein of Palm, now owned by Hewlett-Packard; Foursquare CEO and co-founder Dennis Crowley; Google Ad Products Management head Susan Wojcicki; AT&T Emerging Devices President Glenn Lurie; and Spotify CEO Daniel Ek.

Could it be that he would announce something tomorrow for sale this week?...oh my goodness...I need to control my excitement here.

On a sad note...VZW and HTC executives are not scheduled to speak...