Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

seanjohnja91

Reaction score
Aloha! I am thinking of making the switch to see if i prefer cyanogen, but I have a couple of questions before I do this.
1) I had RM a while ago and when i deleted it(not such a smart idea), i took off clockworkmod folder from my sd because it was wasting space. Does flashing recovery get that folder back onto my sd? And if not, how do I do that?

2) I have been trying to figure this out by reading this thread but I have had no succes, how do i get various themes? Are they in RM, or do I have to find them.

3) Probably another silly question, but I have just recently discovered wireless tethering and I am loving it, does CM support wireless tethering as long as i can find the apk?

:icon_ banana:SeanJohnJA91:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Aloha! I am thinking of making the switch to see if i prefer cyanogen, but I have a couple of questions before I do this.
1) I had RM a while ago and when i deleted it(not such a smart idea), i took off clockworkmod folder from my sd because it was wasting space. Does flashing recovery get that folder back onto my sd? And if not, how do I do that?

2) I have been trying to figure this out by reading this thread but I have had no succes, how do i get various themes? Are they in RM, or do I have to find them.

3) Probably another silly question, but I have just recently discovered wireless tethering and I am loving it, does CM support wireless tethering as long as i can find the apk?

:icon_ banana:SeanJohnJA91:icon_ banana:

One you install RM again, you will get "clockwork" folder when you flash recovery. Most of the popular themes you will find through RM.

Not sure about wireless tether.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clockwork is flashed. Waiting on CM to download. Taking forever :|

Screw this, gonna download it via PC and copy it over lol

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I can't get any of the Cyanogen themes thru Rom Manager. Rom Manager is not working for me at all. Is there a way I can get the themes without using Rom Manager?

Reaction score
I can't get any of the Cyanogen themes thru Rom Manager. Rom Manager is not working for me at all. Is there a way I can get the themes without using Rom Manager?

It's been kinda shady with me too, I keep getting errors when attempting to browse through the ROMs. A reboot or task killer does the trick for me.

I've only done the themes through RM, try the themes section on this site.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
be careful I think a lot of themes have to be specifically tweaked for CyanogenMod

I'm flashing CM right now.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
UD 9-10 has wireless tethering awesome feature if anyone finds this in Cy let us know great feature.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn :(

Ummm how do you do USB tethering with it built in? I've only done it with PDAnet before which obviously required an app.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am running UD9 and I have it all themed myself and it took some time to set up. I would switch to try some others but I am really liking some stuff on UD like the tether and such, plus i dont like some things on cyan like how volume up and down switches tracks instead of volume... I guess i need to study the specs a bit more...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) CyanogenMod has wifi tethering AND usb tethering too so you have MORE tether options.

2) It only changes track if the phone is asleep and you HOLD vol up/down. If the phone is awake then it will change volume like normal.

rotordroid

Reaction score
Damn :(

Ummm how do you do USB tethering with it built in? I've only done it with PDAnet before which obviously required an app.

Settings-> Wireless & Networks -> Check the box

I've heard the app works better. You can get it at Google Code wired_tether_1_2.apk

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks.

Another quick question... does CM have a sysrw/sysro equivalent to enable or disable reading/writing to system? I can never remember the full commands to do it manually :(

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1) CyanogenMod has wifi tethering AND usb tethering too so you have MORE tether options.

2) It only changes track if the phone is asleep and you HOLD vol up/down. If the phone is awake then it will change volume like normal.

Thank you... I will do some more reading and maybe make the switch, or wait till his newest is out.