Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

Reaction score
But 9.8 doesn't have apps2sd does it? So mine won't stay in tact right? Which is fine, I'm used to reinstalling all apps. I just hope my card is partitioned right?

If it does not allow you too enable apps2sd then you will have to do it through Rom Manager.

I originally ran the script on 9.8 for 10.0. Once I was on 10.0 apps2sd worked as it should. I did a backup of all my apps through Astro. When I was running on 10.0 I enabled apps2sd before I loaded any apps. Once I did that it all fell into place.

I just recently jumped to CM and apps2sd is working great. Had to make NO changes... give it a go.

Last edited:

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Just to make it clear since my friends was going crazy since he had low battery-
So you used ROM Manager and selected Cyanogen and ran the update, you enabled Google. Then it should reboot and I will have Cyanogen?
I also read about Cyanogen updater? DO I need to install this to update it easier?

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
I swapped over to Cyanogen using Rom manager after UD10 was acting a bit flakey on me (I dont know why). I did a wipe date/cache and installed, it went on perfectly. My phone is running much cooler (temps) than it ever has and is very stable and quick. I also noticed my battery life is much better.

Last edited:

droid_tlc

Reaction score
coming from UD

I tried to install Cyanogen thru Rom Manager and it aborted. I downloaded the rom and did a full wipe. What am I doing wrong?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did RM flash Clockwork? I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it does that automatically or not.

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I tried to install Cyanogen thru Rom Manager and it aborted. I downloaded the rom and did a full wipe. What am I doing wrong?

I tried it a 2nd time and it's still not installing Cyanogen, after it says it's updating with the zip it says this (bad) then it aborts the installation. :frown:

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Hmm droid_tlc you tried it already I was thinking about the same thing but since it didn't work for you I am afraid I thought that was the right way to do it as well.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you go to /sdcard/clockwork/downloads and delete the files there? Maybe you got a corrupt download and need to re-dl it? Just an idea, not sure.

Reaction score
Here's what I did... as of 45 minutes ago.

I was rockin UD10.0 but was getting some weird bugs and the browser kept FC so I did a nandroid backup via SP Recovery. Reinstalled Rom manager (free then premium) flashed clockwork, had to do it a few times to succeed the root permission wasn't working at first.

Downloaded CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 through RM, wiped data and cache, rebooted and noticed that it took me right to my home screen, should have taken me to the "welcome to droid" screen to sign in. So I deleted the contents within clockwork folder and re-flashed clockwork, worked on the first shot (do it on wifi since it is much faster) did it again and it worked. Went the welcome screen and signed in.

Looked like everything was working fine so I flashed P3 1.0GHz kernal rebooted ok so I set the OC with SetCPU, then downloaded xrom-v1.1 theme from RM (it's the Nextheme for CM) that went well. So finally someone sent me a link for Helix2 beta that works with CM (Helix2 from market WILL FC). So finally I'm left with a rom with no weird glitches and no browser FC, runs great and just feels very stable and solid overall. I'm very happy with it. Oh yeah... having the ability to play the next/previous music track with the volume rocker is STUPID SICK!!

I don't know if this will help anyone but since I've been on BlackDroid ROMs since 6.5, this was a new process for me so I thought I'd share it.

EDIT: There was a problem with RM, try deleting everything in Clockwork folder and re-flash it and try your download again.

Last edited:

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I would like to follow the same steps. Question: I have the ROM manager I will flash clockwork and download CyanogenMod through RM wipe data and cache, reboot. If I don't get to the welcome droid screen you stated to delete the clockwork folder and reflash clockwork. Do I remove it through astro or from the computer (SD card) then by using RM I will be able to reflash clockwork? Thanks

Reaction score
I would like to follow the same steps. Question: I have the ROM manager I will flash clockwork and download CyanogenMod through RM wipe data and cache, reboot. If I don't get to the welcome droid screen you stated to delete the clockwork folder and reflash clockwork. Do I remove it through astro or from the computer (SD card) then by using RM I will be able to reflash clockwork? Thanks

I just removed the folders within the "clockwork" folder, not the actual folder itself. Delete the contents however you see fit, I found it easier to do it through "astro"

Once you delete the contents you will be able to re-flash Clockwork.

Goodluck

EDIT: My bad, I just noticed my typo in my previous post about deleting the "clockwork folder"... I changed it.

Last edited:

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I finally got it installed. I downloaded the zip file on the Cyanogen thread and put the folder in the clockwork/download file. Then went into clockwork recovery and installed it that way. Soooo much easier than Rom Manager :)