Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 connectivity issues

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Brent Bro, Mar 6, 2011.

1. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Anytime! I had someone help me out when I thought i messed up my phone, so I know how it feels, lol. I will get you the links when I get home this afternoon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Here's a couple things that I've learned from flashing roms. I use Rom Manager for things like making and managing backups, installing kernels, and restoring backups. However, when I use RM for flashing gingerbread roms, I always end up with bugs for some reason. Also, if you are going to install a gingerbread rom, it's best not to use Titanium Backup to restore your data, it just creates problems. Google backs up your apps and installs them automatically, just not the data. When you restore data from a Froyo rom to Gingerbread using TB you will almost always end up with force closes and issues.

Here's the links to the forum post for these roms. They both have great support:
    Simply Stunning v5.0.1- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/129744-rom-ss-5-01-gb-3-3-11-ready.html

Project Elite v5.0.2- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...release-projectelite-v5-gingerbread-aosp.html

Project Elite also has a website that has some cool stuff on it- Project Elite

Both of these roms also have Froyo versions of these roms as well, so if you don't like Gingerbread you could always go back to 2.2.

Finally, here is a link from the Project Elite website that is a pretty good direction list on how to get a clean install. I use this step by step except restoring with TB- Project Elite

I know this is a lot! Let me know if you have any questions about these roms or directions!!!

3. Brent Bro

Brent Bro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I put in the Chevy No 1. 5.01. I really like it, but I still don't have a data connection. I need a wifi connection to start it up. I have the following:

Android 2.3.2
    Baseband Version C_01.43.01P
    Kernal 2.6 32-lowV-1.0Ghz- ChevyNo1
    Build Number ChevyNo1

4. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Are you sure its not just the area you're in? I live in a cement loft and I don't get any 3g signal inside, but as soon as I step outside on my balcony I do. Whenever I change roms I have to go on my balcony.

5. Brent Bro

Brent Bro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it doesn't work anywhere. I have always had connectivity until i installed ultimate droid.

6. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you create a backup before installing ultimate droid?

7. Brent Bro

Brent Bro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so the plot thickens. I just restored back to an older version of ultimate droid. The 3g came back and the bluetooth started working again. All of a sudden I had a reboot and it all went away again. I love having it rooted, but I am getting discouraged with not being able to check email, etc. Please help!!

8. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn! Have you tried flashing back to stock? I'm gonna create a topic as well on this and see if we can't find some other options as well. I wonder if you flash back to the stock rom, would you still have the problem?

9. Brent Bro

Brent Bro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't yet, but it sounds like a good route. Which stock rom would you recommend flashing?

10. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    When you initially rooted your phone, did you make a backup before installing your first rom?

11. Brent Bro

Brent Bro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm to the point now where I just want to unroot to see if it will help. I have googled and it doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem. I have had my droid for 15 months now and never had a problem until now. I don't have a restore from right after the root. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

12. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Man I've googled and asked around and I keep getting the answers we already went through. I'm sorry I wasn't much help!

Search tags for this page
hd2 android 3g fix
hd2 android connection fix
htc hd2 android ultimate droid

ultimate droid problems